Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Firstly--Thank you! lol

Secondly--Oh I 100% did, he somehow managed to be abusive over the internet and 100s of miles of distance. On the other hand, I "ended" things in a less than graceful manner. I have regrets there since I don't think he's a terrible person, he just treated me terribly and we were both horribly mentally ill.
the only way to end abusive romances correctly is to do it less gracefully ;-)

·
Banned
4 Posts
I did as well, under a different account name and also about ten or so years ago. It also didn't work out, honestly I'm not sure it even counted as we never wound up meeting up...I probably shouldn't say more here but. Yeah, sometimes I struggle with the what ifs.
Which one were you? I use to come here a lot, but I haven't for over five years.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
No. I am only here mostly to browse the forums (any forums for that matter) anonymously and that's it. Not really here to make friends or relationships. I keep those strictly in a person-person basis. For as long as I have been a member here, I have never really mingle with anyone here outside of the forums. I don't chat, I don't blog, very rarely I interact with anyone via PMs for this reason.
No. I likely wouldn't post about it if I did, either.
My sentiments exactly.
Sometimes I fantasize about the idea though. It makes me wonder if my progress would have been faster that way....

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
I talked to a couple guys on here in the past like way back in 2013 on Skype but it never went anywhere. Lol I think I had feelings more than the guy did for me, though. And I got over it fast even though I was sort of clingy at the time. So good for me. The same guy messaged me back like over a year ago but I never replied back. Mainly cause I didn't want to have feelings for someone who wasn't serious for a relationship so it makes sense. I'm not mad at the guy or anything but it would just bring back bad memories if we talked. But there also isn't anything wrong with simply talking to someone you're interested in. And there's nothing wrong with getting involved with anyone on a forum. I just would rather not only cause I think in person would be more natural. And there's the distance thing, too.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Not from here but on a different site. It didn't work out not sure why. They seemed to lose interest and it really hurt. Especially when I spent a lot of time, effort, and money on getting to see them in person.

·
(.*?)
6,741 Posts
About 9 years ago, first relationship. Not interested in any further long distance romances since I discovered I'm not open to moving and don't like to travel.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts