Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did about 10 years ago. She's been the only one who has really understood me. I think the long distance thing f'd it up though and we decided to part ways. I've always wondered how it would've gone if we lived near each other.

What about you guys? Any luck on here?

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
No. I am only here mostly to browse the forums (any forums for that matter) anonymously and that's it. Not really here to make friends or relationships. I keep those strictly in a person-person basis. For as long as I have been a member here, I have never really mingle with anyone here outside of the forums. I don't chat, I don't blog, very rarely I interact with anyone via PMs for this reason.

·
Super Moderator
34,611 Posts
Nope. And if I did, I probably wouldn't be the one to post about it due to the fact that it usually seems like it just makes things awkward and ends up really making things awkward if everyone knows it and things don't work out (I've been around long enough to have seen things). Anyway, no. I haven't.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,373 Posts
No. I'm too dysfunctional for that and got worse with time. There have been a couple of people I've been attracted to but I'm not their type or they weren't that interested. I almost met up with one once in person and they suggested that but it didn't end up happening and I didn't bring it up again because my life was always a mess. Other people expressed interest in me but I didn't reciprocate. Most people aren't from my country either.

·
long hard times to come
374 Posts
Nope. Haven't talked to anyone on this site either.

·
Self isolating from self
3,225 Posts
Nope. And if I did, I probably wouldn't be the one to post about it due to the fact that it usually seems like it just makes things awkward and ends up really making things awkward if everyone knows it and things don't work out (I've been around long enough to have seen things). Anyway, no. I haven't.
So what you're saying is absolutely not, but maybe really yes, but actually no.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,840 Posts
If I were single, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of having an involved relationship with a forum member. I don't see anything wrong with it, and have known of people who have had relationships that were mostly online. I know in FFXIV people have elaborate marriages, and also in second life people have second life marriages. I've been hit on while playing SL a few times, but never wanted anything to do with anyone so I ignore them and change the subject or just tell them I'm already married IRL and don't want to have a virtual one.

I don't really look at any of the members here in that way though, I mostly just come here to share some thoughts and read what other people have to say.

·
SAS Member
724 Posts
Wanted to but distance is a real *****

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
Not on this site. But prior to becoming Charlotte, there were once a couple of girls on another site who were clearly attracted to me somewhat. I met both of them quite a lot at forum gatherings, mostly in the late 2000s. Also played forum games heavily with them and talked to both of them on the site (though I only really used PMs with the second one, after we met by chance through an organised PM event where lots were drawn. My interaction with the first girl was almost entirely just through forum posts IIRC). But ultimately I wasn't really interested in a relationship, for various reasons, so it went nowhere with either.

The first girl eventually (I think), married someone else from the forum and moved somewhere else (they used to live pretty near me). The second one still lives not far away, though sadly I will probably never see her again except on Facebook. I don't know if she's in a relationship or not.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dating, or the experience of forcing yourself to like one another out of convenience and out of fear to start the day by yourself and to end it on your own.
This event of forcing means you have to show interest in the activities of the other, you have to show support, you have to eat together, you have to meet lots of new people who you rather not want to meet, you have to sit in the couch together watching some awkward dating show or the latest idols contest. After a while you get to know each others negatives on which you start fixating until you really get quite irritated by your significant other. Naturally the same thing occurs in the other side and your partner starts hating you because you snore and burp and fart the day away, maybe even in public!
Not that I have any experience with physical contact but physical contact seems to be the only worthwhile aspect of dating to me.

Oh I haven’t dated anyone either in real life or on here 🥳

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did about 10 years ago. She's been the only one who has really understood me. I think the long distance thing f'd it up though and we decided to part ways. I've always wondered how it would've gone if we lived near each other.

What about you guys? Any luck on here?
I did as well, under a different account name and also about ten or so years ago. It also didn't work out, honestly I'm not sure it even counted as we never wound up meeting up...I probably shouldn't say more here but. Yeah, sometimes I struggle with the what ifs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@GaryBuseySmile

firstly I love your name and avatar lol
secondly “what if“ you saved yourself from a possible horrible marriage :p
Firstly--Thank you! lol

Secondly--Oh I 100% did, he somehow managed to be abusive over the internet and 100s of miles of distance. On the other hand, I "ended" things in a less than graceful manner. I have regrets there since I don't think he's a terrible person, he just treated me terribly and we were both horribly mentally ill.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts