Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
A few years back I used to have suicidal thoughts almost everyday, and I attempted it a couple of times. I think ive made a lot of progress since then but I still occasionaly think about it (would never do it) if im going through crap that I think I cant handle. You should tell your therapist about it.. I was afraid to tell mine for a long time because I didnt want him thinking I was about to go ahead and do it. Its a struggle having thoughts like that and as scary as it feels to tell someone about it, you'll be better off once you do. Your therapist can talk you through it all, what it means, how to cope, what to do differently etc.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Yes. I came close to OD-ing on pills when I was in the 11th grade because I had the worst acne ever mad my grades were in the toilet.

559 Posts
I've had suicidal thoughts, in fact I still do much of the time. I don't think I could ever go through with it though. It usually occurs when I am feeling particularly sh*tty about my life, and am dealing with some burdening problems that seem scary or impossible to deal with. I was embarrassed about telling anyone, but eventually told my mom about a year ago and a few mental health professionals at different points over the last 2-3 years. No one seemed to take it seriously though.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
I had them a lot in college, again when I was unemployed and recently. I won't do anything but it's not fun having them.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
It's my safety net...I think of them even when I'm in a good mood and happy. You never know when death decides to take you whether it be by your own hand or an act of nature.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Being Bi Polar suicidal flirtation is a constant in life so yes and will do.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Yes I've had this ocd thing going its not good but I'm not going to hurt myself I'm too chicken

·
Banned
12,909 Posts

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts I don't want to kill myself I just have those thoughts and I don't no why and I am afraid to tell my parents and therapist about it
I have suicidal thoughts pretty much every day. It's only when I start thinking up ways to do it (or try to do it) that it becomes a problem. Actually just got out of the hospital last week because I went and bought a rope and came within a hairsbreadth of actually doing it.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
No. I have never had severe depression. I'm just chronically, mildly depressed. I don't even notice it anymore but my sister says I am. I enjoy eating and the internet too much to off myself. Death will come eventually, so what is the point in hurrying it? Only very occasionally when I'm very upset, I walk a little bit kamikaze style when crossing the street. Partially cause I hate cars and I just feel like, f**k it!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It's comforting to know that I always have it as a way out. Though, for lack of any concrete plans yet, I don't know if it'd count as truly suicidal. I just like to think about it in a self-soothing, escapist, cathartic sort of way-- it being the only thing that can give me any sense of relief anymore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.