Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well school started about a week ago and im now a senior in highschool. over the summemr i've done some online therapy and i think i have improved. i have not recovered fully but progress has been made. now i try to talk to a lot more people and i'm honestly pretty good one on one. but i have trouble in groups. especially in groups where there are other very talkative people. a lot of the times i don't know much about that they are talking about so i just stay silent.

one of the main problems rite now is that i do not feel appreciated. im here making an effort to really improve my social life and im trying to talk to many people. Now it seems like im the one that always initiates a conversation or small talk. i get jealous when i see others who have people who talk to them all the time than initiate the conversation. im trying to talk to people and barely anyone starts a conversation with me. one of the reasons is because they don't know me very well. well i just vented rite there but i feel like people don't appreciate me being there.

hopefully after some time knowing other people they will start to talk to me. i don't know many people in my classes and it seems everyone has there little groups already to hang out with. it's so frustrating and lonesome. has this ever happened to u guys? how do u cope? any effective strategies and techniques?

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I would say to keep talking to those people. Once they start to become more familar with you, then they will start to talk with you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Try to hangout with people and keep talking to them. They should become more familar with you and become more comfortable around you. Then they should be the one to ask you to hangout or talk to you. Try not to think about if they appreciate you or not just keep putting yourself out there.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I feel exactly the same way. No one ever talks to me at school unless I talk to them first. It is really frustrating, but just keep talking and putting yourself out there. You never know who you will end up making friends with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts