Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my supervisor had to go downstate, and the staff that was going to meet with the MI clients came by yesterday to tell me he had to go to Marquette today so I had to meet with his 3 pm client. I just hate dealing with this one client. He is a pain in the behind. I have to give his weekly money to him, and he is going to rant and rave about the amount. He only can get $11 per week due to if you give him the whole $44 he will spend it in one day and rant and rave all month how we are cheating him, and panhandle off the other clients in the group home he lives in. The staff that have dealt with him in the past and no longer do always hide from him when he is walking down the hall. I hope there are staff around to assist me in case he really flips out. The Psychiatrist has put him on different meds over the years and they don't work. Also, behavioral techniques have failed. I got staff at the house now are getting sick too their stomach when they have to go to work. I am sorry to say that I wish he would leave this Earth. Hopefully the way he is smoking it will happen. But he probably will live until 90. His father is 85 and so is his mother. They still both work.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
He sounds like a piece of work. But hopefully he won't be so bad today and the money handover will go better than you expect.

I sometimes complain about my job, then read about yours and think "phew"!

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should we kill him?
We are not allowed to do that under Michigans Dept of Mental Health Culture of Gentleness. :lol

Luckily, he didn't come today. He was in high level behavior so staff couldn't take him out anywhere in fear he may elope again. He eloped last night and got into a passing truck. Staff luckily got the truck to stop and got him out. The Residential Admin said that he was one step away from being sent down to the Acute unit downstate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts