Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's airing right now on CBS Fridays. Since it usually gets 10 million viewers per episode, I'm sure some of the Americans on this board have seen this show and just wanted to ask what you guys thought of it.

Canadian shows NEVER get aired in the US, let alone on CBS, during primetime and with millions of viewers.

One of my fav episode about school bullies
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=E2850OYB (You have to press the red button and then pres it again when it turns green)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi. I hadn't been watching that & didn't know about it. I just watched it now though thru the link you provided.

Wow! That was really good. Thanks for posting that & the link.
I went ahead & downloaded to add to collection.

I guess from my own life of being bullied I like to see injury to the instigators.
I'm sure I'm wrong there but nothing will leave a lasting think twice memory like a permanent physical reminder.

It's sad how common things like this episode are & people crying out "what he go and do that for", "I was just kidding","Can't you take a joke", "You're so sensitive", etc. Going for help often just makes the taunting worse. You're a wuss cry baby whiner, trouble maker or just not taken serious. As a guy your supposed to handle your own problems. Be a man, etc. So there you go.

In any event really, really good episode. I'll have to watch for more.

By the way I haven't seen Amy Jo Johnson since she was the Pink Power Ranger. Still gorgeous as always. Have a great day.

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
Its shown on one of the networks here in the U.S. I don't get it. Its the same show every week. A guy walks into a building with a gun, takes some people hostage, and they arrest him.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Regenesis is a better Canadian TV show that my DVR watches at 4am for me. There is some actual bio-science stuff in this show.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I watch it every Friday simply because there isn't anything better on in that time slot. It's a decent show, though not a favorite.

It's Canadian? I would never have guessed. I didn't check you link, but I'm pretty sure I know the school bully episode your talking about. This kid is picked on by some "cool" jock and they shove him to the ground and throw trash on him, while getting video of this on their cell phone. He comes back to school with a revolver to get revenge. That was on about a month ago.

The only actor on the show that I've seen in anything else is the guy who plays the leader of the SWAT team -- short bald guy who used to play a fashion photographer on the sit com "Just Shoot Me".

I'm much more into comedy, so I really liked "Corner Gas" which, unlike Flashpoint is blatantly Canadian and very funny. Though I have no idea when it's on any more. Doesn't really matter since I think I've probably seen virtually every episode that been aired here in the US on WGN America.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts