Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, does anyone have the problem where they really really hate themselves but think they're better than others at the same time? I realized this a short while ago.... I think I'm better than a heck of a lot of people, I'm really really judgmental about people and think I'm too good for certain things but at the same time I loathe the core of me. It's like I'm entirely ambivalent about myself, which is incredibly frustrating. How can I change this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can't say I know how to change this, but I do occasionally catch myself looking at someone and being like "ugh, at least I'm not like THAT" while still believing I'm a total loser. And then sometimes I'd tell myself, "well, they're probably happy in their own right, whatever, who the hell am I to judge..."

·
Registered
761 Posts
This is part of the reason why I have no friends. The people that I'd feel fairly comfortable talking to are too childish? annoying? nerdy? for me... apparently. w...t...f?

I'm also afraid to make friends with these people because I'm afraid of what my sister thinks. That's really pathetic, but it's the truth. I feel like if I was finally separated from her, I'd make friends with those people... at least try it out. But I won't be anytime soon.

It's like I need to get rid of those people that are holding me down in order to change, but I should be able to do it despite all of that.

Kind of a tanget, but still related. :)

·
Gimme Sympathy
126 Posts
you just described me. i have such an intolerance for most people, i put myself much higher than them even though i rarely ever feel great about myself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts