Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like the way i talk, i think my voice can be too stratchy or can be too monotone and soft, i actually have a more confident voice when in arguements but i try to avoid arguing as much as possible, maybe it's a product of low self esteem and self image, i am always so nervous and anxious that my voice is affected and people pick up on that and treat me different, it's been a trend for a long time

·
FAKE
1,117 Posts
same here brother, i think i sound really anemic or like rly nerdy but i am a nerd so that makes sense

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
My voice is the core of my problems. naturally it's a very strong, commanding, deep voice... but health problems with sinus/allergy/asthma/reflux and subsequent muscle, make it strained, high-pitched and full of crud.

I can't talk confidently, and it kills me socially. Unfortunately, your voice is your whole persona to the world.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm 18, voice broken, all that jazz and my voice is much higher than I'd like it. It's not as high as it was when I was younger, naturally, but it's still much much softer and higher than I'd like. However, it's only when I'm talking in public, or to people I'm not friends with, or people with authority over me. When I'm with friends and family, I'm fine.

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I really hate hearing my voice. My voice is deep and I stutter when I talk. My sister told me one time that she says I always end everything I say with a question even when I'm not asking a question. It really made me angry when she said that. I can't even be comfortable talking to my family. :no

·
Registered
29 Posts
People have said things to me like "Wow, you're so quiet, even your voice is quiet". I'm also have to repeat myself sometimes, and I have instances when talking in class when my voice sounds shaky like I'm on the verge of tears(I'm not).
For the most part I don't mind the way it sounds; it's just that I sometimes don't realize I'm speaking softly( And I need to work on speaking more slowly perhaps when I'm nervous).

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I like my voice. I think I sound normal. I just don't think I look like I would sound, and that throws people off when they meet me or when they hear me talk. It's kind of annoying, but whatever :roll. I'm so used to it now that I don't expect anything different, and of course I wouldn't want to talk to someone who judges someone because of their voice, talk about ignorant :lol...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I feel the same way. Sometimes my voice sort of falls into my throat so I sound like I'm growling or something and people look at me funny. :p

Also, when I get nervous my voice gets higher, and I already have a fairly high voice so I sound like a little kid when I'm nervous.

I usually just laugh it off, chances are that no one even cares. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
My voice changes all the time depending on how confident I am or who I am talking to, I'm always afraid that someone will notice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
People have said things to me like "Wow, you're so quiet, even your voice is quiet". I'm also have to repeat myself sometimes, and I have instances when talking in class when my voice sounds shaky like I'm on the verge of tears(I'm not).
I'm the same way, and I'm pretty neutral-feeling about my voice. Sometimes it annoys me, but usually I'm not particularly conscious of how it sounds.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
Mine's too high, too young, too quiet, too uncertain. I sound like a child.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah i think my voice is weird too, although i'm not really ashamed of it. i don't think people are judging me by my voice but if they are then f them. i have noticed i talk really quiet though and i hate that. people almost always can't hear me and i remember in school the teachers would always tell me to speak up when i would talk out loud. it's just natural, i don't think i'm talking softly but i really am. i think it's a confidence issue, like i just don't want to be heard.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
i hate my voice i sound like im straining my voice most of the time cause i have LPR

·
Fabulously Awkward
733 Posts
I don't mind my voice, but I hate how it gets all high-pitched and squeaky when I'm nervous. Everyone can tell I'm getting anxious when I start sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts