Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old classmate that i went to highschool with who friend request me,i waited a week to accept this person,ok when i finally did...i wrote on his wall to say, "What's Good Blank?Thanks For The Friend's Request Keep In Touch Don't Be No Stranger"!! And when he was online at the same time i was, i looked on his page he had deleted my wall messege and kept other classmates or people comments on...so i though it was kind of strange of him to do,and rude....so i posted another hours later just to see would he delete my wall messege to him again...and he sure did...besides me and this person was never friends at all...so i decided to leave him a personal messege in his box, to ask him why did he delete my wall messege and what was the purpose of the friend's request,to be nosy and to see how i look now? i said u are rude and childish, we were never friends we both just happen to go to the same school we know of each other...then i said thanks for looking my "sexy"self up i wasn't checking for you i left it at that me lol...i know he will not respond back he would either delete me from his list or maybe talk smart...has this happen to anyone out there? Do you think he was rude or maybe embrassed that i wrote on his wall?I was an outsider in school, "The Quiet Shy Slow Girl"... i just had to vent and let this all out,cause it kind of got to me...he will be deleted off my list if he did'nt beat me to the punch yet.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
that hasnt happened to me before, that would piss me off soooooooooooooo much, but i swear a couple people removed me from the friends list..

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Nothing like that has ever happened. I'd be kind of upset about it, seeing as he sent the request in the first place. I'd seriously wonder why he even sent it if he didn't actually want me to contact or communicate with him.

I have had some people delete me from their friend list, but it was after eons of not talking, so I was fine with it.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
That must be frustrating, but that person sounds like a real *******, so I'd try to let it go. There are so many people on Facebook that'll add anybody they ever knew, or sort of knew, or simply knew of, just to boost their friend total. One time, I got this random friend request from a person that had several friends in common with me. I couldn't remember the person for the life of me, so I messaged one of my friends who was also friends with him to ask who he was. She didn't know either, but had added him anyway.

Good for you for confronting him though. I'd probably have done the same thing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had random people like that add me. I've never thought about it, but maybe that's what they're doing...

I use my facebook minimally. I don't want to delete it. I guess I check it a lot and it gives me something to do. At the same time, I'm really paranoid about posting pictures online in mass quantities and **** like that. I just find the whole concept of social networking to be potentially dangerous in so many ways.

·
Lost
342 Posts
I don't really understand why he would delete your wall comments. I think he is just someone that adds any old person to make it look like he is cool and has lots of 'friends'...and seeing as you were never friends he didnt want to talk to you, which is silly really cause why would he add you in the first place.

I normally just add anyone that requests 'friendship' with me...i dont have that many 'friends' tho.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Unless I have met the person I won't add them on facebook. If they are an online buddy I know and trust and is local to my city then depending on how well I know them they'll be on my list. If it's some random from school/uni they'll be on my list but limited.

Only reason I do that is for privacy. ID theft can happen to anyone not just fraudulent but just stuff like stealing pics of you, those you know etc. Plus alotta people can be nosy as hell!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Facebook is weird. I go some people's pages and they got 1000 friends. I'm like wtf ?who has 1000 friends? These people aren't even famous either.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Sounds like he was collecting "friends". He wanted the numbers but not the contact.

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I have experienced a similar situation when I used to be on Facebook. Acquaintances from high school would beg me to add them as a friend, saying stuff like "I'll totally write to you!" and then I add them, leave a "how are you" on the wall, and they never wrote back to me. It's not like they were busy, because they left messages on their friends walls. It's like my words were pointless and totally bypassed.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Sounds like he was collecting "friends". He wanted the numbers but not the contact.
I do notice a lot of that going on with old classmates who were friends. I figure people are too comfortable/busy to accept anyone else into their circles. Still, that's a poor excuse I've come up with, lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
That is so rude! You could expect that in highschool.. but Im guessing high school is well over for you. Obviously this person hasnt grown up like Ive noticed alot of ex high schoolers Ive added on facebook.

Im starting to dislike facebook very much. Half of the people on my list are from high school.. none of which I have actually chatted to since. I just kinda thought that Id get on the 'bandwagon' with facebook and be rude like every other adult is on there. So Ill add them if I knew of them in the past, but will not say hi, like I normally would.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I had an old classmate that i went to highschool with who friend request me,i waited a week to accept this person,ok when i finally did...i wrote on his wall to say, "What's Good Blank?Thanks For The Friend's Request Keep In Touch Don't Be No Stranger"!! And when he was online at the same time i was, i looked on his page he had deleted my wall messege and kept other classmates or people comments on...so i though it was kind of strange of him to do,and rude....so i posted another hours later just to see would he delete my wall messege to him again...and he sure did...besides me and this person was never friends at all...so i decided to leave him a personal messege in his box, to ask him why did he delete my wall messege and what was the purpose of the friend's request,to be nosy and to see how i look now? i said u are rude and childish, we were never friends we both just happen to go to the same school we know of each other...then i said thanks for looking my "sexy"self up i wasn't checking for you i left it at that me lol...i know he will not respond back he would either delete me from his list or maybe talk smart...has this happen to anyone out there? Do you think he was rude or maybe embrassed that i wrote on his wall?I was an outsider in school, "The Quiet Shy Slow Girl"... i just had to vent and let this all out,cause it kind of got to me...he will be deleted off my list if he did'nt beat me to the punch yet.
maybe he fancied you and he wanted to look at your profile . but when you wrote on his wall he deleted it cos he didnt want his friends to see it cos he was embarrassed about them finding out that he was speaking to a shy, unpopular girl .

thats his problem. people are like that. if you wasnt part of the group in school then maybe people thought you was a bit of a loser and they didnt want to associate themselves with you.

when i was in school i was like that and people probably had their opinions about me . buts thats their problem.

you are living with a mental disorder called sa and thats why you are shy and maybe didnt mix well in school. its not cos you are a loser or anything but if other small minded people want to think that then let them cos its only theri opinion

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you everyone for your feedback and advice, he replied back to my messege i sent him by saying he's so sorry for deleting my wall messeges,he didn't know who i was cause i switched profile pics i had the same pic up...i just switched my profile pic sunday night, or my name some bull crap lie,then he goes to say..."we didn't know each other in school,but i would love to get to know you now please don't be mad at me!!" He goes to write on my wall by saying, "Hope You Are Having A Nice Day"!!! I haven't replied back to him yet but i will delete his wall messege or write back on his wall and say "Hello Blank Thank You I'm Having A Wonderful Day Hope You Are Too!!!" I gonna reply back to his messege in his box and say "i think you are full of S*it why do you want to get to know me now,and be friends you wasn't tryna be my friend back in highschool?!" He saw all those lovely pictures up,i looked totally different from HS, i was not bad looking at all...i was much thinner then i am now,but just not popular or well-known...i'm gonna mess with his head...since he thinks he messing with mine...i will keep you guys updated thanks alot guys!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe he fancied you and he wanted to look at your profile . but when you wrote on his wall he deleted it cos he didnt want his friends to see it cos he was embarrassed about them finding out that he was speaking to a shy, unpopular girl .

thats his problem. people are like that. if you wasnt part of the group in school then maybe people thought you was a bit of a loser and they didnt want to associate themselves with you.

when i was in school i was like that and people probably had their opinions about me . buts thats their problem.

you are living with a mental disorder called sa and thats why you are shy and maybe didnt mix well in school. its not cos you are a loser or anything but if other small minded people want to think that then let them cos its only theri opinion
Yeah that's what i think it is you would think someone in there 30's would grow up by now, we are no longer in HS you don't have to prove nothing to our old peers,people need start being leaders and not followers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, I have my facebook where no one from school could ever find me. I like to keep High School and College right where they were... in HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE! I would never want old peers in my business, they wouldn't understand my life anyhow...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts