Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried Stablon/Tianeptine? I've been taking 3 12.5mg tablets per day for about the last 5 weeks and have found that i've gone from not wanting to leave the house in my spare time and being happy to spend my time alone to constantly thinking about making friends and doing things.

I'm still feeling very anxious about doing things with people or in public, but I feel i'm getting there. The only problem i'm having is that I am getting quite depressed about being lonely, and am feeling constantly rejected by people I try to get close to, which I feel is mostly in my head. I'm also finding i've gone from not needing anyone but myself, to requiring almost constant reassurance from people, which must be irritating the people I do this to (I wish I could just be friendly to them, but I can't help myself). Do you think this is just due to my mind opening up to getting involved with people, but still feeling too nervous to make that jump? I'm hoping that if I perservere with the Stablon these feelings will eventually fade and i'll be on my way to a better life.

Has anyone else taken Stablon and had similar experiences? Did these feelings fade away after a time? Also, is 3 12.5mg tablets enough to be taking per day?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's an SSRE, Selective serotonin reuptake enhancer, the opposite of SSRIs. It would be really surprising if it worked for SA because some studies suggest that social anxiety disorder is related to a low serotonin binding in certain areas of the brain.

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=1326

Please keep me informed I'm interested.
This link will let you know a bit more about Stablon/Tianeptine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine

As for me personally, I can say that since taking Stablon, my anxiety levels have dropped (although they haven't disappeared). I am starting to do things i'd be too nervous to do before now, and am starting to voice my opinion to people now, rather than just agreeing with everything the other person has to say. The only problem is, as I said before, i'm feeling rejection quite a lot of the time, and feeling the need for constant reassurrance. I'm hoping these feelings fade away in time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey...i just moved to the US and I've discovered that stablon does not exist here...no pharmacy has it...i've been taking it for over 4 years now, anyone know of anyway i can get it? since it's probably the only med to be an ssre, i think it's pretty difficult to find a replacement

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place to post my Stablon qu. as this thread seems to have pooped out.
My question seems obvious but I can't find a definitive answer . . .

Does anyone know if it's good/bad/indifferent to combine Stablon with an SSRI?
Since they do essentially opposite things with serotonin, it seems to me they would be working against one another. Have not read this anywhere, however.

Also, has anyone successfully used Stablon alone for depression with anxiety?

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
I would love to give this a shot, but it's not available in Canada.

Even more than that, I'd like to try its cousin amineptine but I really doubt that's every going to be a possibility :)

Does anyone know if it's good/bad/indifferent to combine Stablon with an SSRI?
Since they do essentially opposite things with serotonin, it seems to me they would be working against one another. Have not read this anywhere, however.
Yes, their effects would be largely counter-productive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts