Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
nardil user since 2006
339 Posts
does aniracetam count?

""This shows that aniracetam's anxiolytic mechanism is facilitated by D2/D3 dopamine, nicotinic acetylcholine, and 5-HT2A receptors""

if so then, it lasts 4-5 hours for me, and it works wonderfully at 500mg.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys! I'm tried Ropinirole ( because it's cheaper... ), and... wow, it's great, you know, I tried SSRI ( not tolerate it! ), tricylic, mianserin, and many other antidepressants, and I must say that combo of wellbutrin (150 mg), ropinirole and oxybutynin (anticholinergic drug, that slows my heart, stop sweating and make me more calm..., not sure how it's working, but I think it's because M3 acetylcholine antagonism), it's the best social anxiety combo for me !!! Sorry for my english, i'm from Poland :D but I want to share it with you. Maybe someone can use it :) Pozdro from Poland :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hey guys! I'm tried Ropinirole ( because it's cheaper... ), and... wow, it's great, you know, I tried SSRI ( not tolerate it! ), tricylic, mianserin, and many other antidepressants, and I must say that combo of wellbutrin (150 mg), ropinirole and oxybutynin (anticholinergic drug, that slows my heart, stop sweating and make me more calm..., not sure how it's working, but I think it's because M3 acetylcholine antagonism), it's the best social anxiety combo for me !!! Sorry for my english, i'm from Poland :D but I want to share it with you. Maybe someone can use it :) Pozdro from Poland :)
Just take carvedilol or clonidine if you want to lower effects of adrenaline/noradrenaline (anxiety, fast heartbeat, etc.). Benzos would also help this, and so would magnesium glycinate. SSRIs would reduce anxiety if you titrate your dose up very slowly so it is tolerable, and they could be taken with mirtazapine for less side-effects and better response.

Oxybutynin taken with Wellbutrin and ropinirole is just a recipe for psychosis (particularly of the paranoid type) due to oxybutynin blocking cholinergic receptors in the brain. Taking these drugs together will make you crazy and stupid, it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clonidine make me feel like **** :| beta adrenolitics is good, but for me (I have something like Raynaud's symptome), they make me cold. Carvedilol is also alfa blocker, but I prefer Nebivolol+Alfa Blocker. Benzos is also good but I don't want to take it. Believe me, even Benzos don't make me feel soo good as dopamine agonists! I don't know how to explain this in english, but this meds take back my laught, my humour, make me calm. I don't know, but maybe I have restless legs because this meds make me so patient. I never know that I can be so patient!!! :D

I know that anticholinergics are bad. They can take you memory. There is study that say Oxybutynin decrease memory, and I want change it to glycopyrrolate (avert),that don't cross blood/brain barrier.

SSRI make me Akathisia, Restless Legs, and Anxiety I have never been :f That's I search net for other meds that make me cure from social anxiety. And I found it. For me it's easy choice -anxiety or danger with my meds. You know what I've chosen...

I have no schizo episodes, so maybe I'm in this good situation that I can take meds working on dopamine. In my life, Parkinsons disease is more possible :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know that anticholinergics are bad. They can take you memory. There is study that say Oxybutynin decrease memory, and I want change it to glycopyrrolate (avert),that don't cross blood/brain barrier.
Won't nootropics and supps like Piracetam, Choline, Huperzine A and Acetyl L-Carnitine help against the cognitive decline?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't know, but anticholinergics block acetylcholine receptors, and Choline, ACL increase acetylcholine levels. Maybe Nootropics may help if they working on other rules, like piracetam? Oxybutynin is bad becauce it's blocking three M receptors, but it's cheap and available ( Ditropan ). Tricylic blocking mainly M1 receptors in brain, that's they can do excessive sweating, and all M3 blocking Oxybutynin is used in excessive sweating treatment. In Parkinsons, there is no dopamine, and too much acetylcholine, and that's why we have excessive sweating, seborrhea, drooling. M3 acetylcholine receptors respond for glands secretion. There is study on net that's say too much acetylcholine is one of the reasons of depression. Anticholinergics working on me, increase my mood, I think it's because, they somehow increase dopamine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know, but anticholinergics block acetylcholine receptors, and Choline, ACL increase acetylcholine levels. Maybe Nootropics may help if they working on other rules, like piracetam? Oxybutynin is bad becauce it's blocking three M receptors, but it's cheap and available ( Ditropan ). Tricylic blocking mainly M1 receptors in brain, that's they can do excessive sweating, and all M3 blocking Oxybutynin is used in excessive sweating treatment. In Parkinsons, there is no dopamine, and too much acetylcholine, and that's why we have excessive sweating, seborrhea, drooling. M3 acetylcholine receptors respond for glands secretion. There is study on net that's say too much acetylcholine is one of the reasons of depression. Anticholinergics working on me, increase my mood, I think it's because, they somehow increase dopamine.
Ok thanks for the info. Reason i ask is because i want to try Oxy for facial blushing. On some blushingforums they say it helps a lot.
But my memory is pretty strong and i really don't want to mess a lot with my shortterm memory. I have Piracetam, Choline and ALCAR at home.
Maybe one of the Med experts can explain if supps and nootropics help when taking Oxybutynin?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Facial blushing? So you are getting red in some situtations? Hmm, oxy stops sweating, so you can get red from getting up your temperature :( You know, I'm always white as a sheet :( I want to be red, but my blood cyrculation is bad. If you want to try Oxy, better is Avert! http://www.pharmacy.ca/cgi-bin/Phar...ntiperspirant&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!&GETSPECIALS= you can buy it here :)
Yes my head turns bright red in the most 'normal' situations like somebody asking a question. The problem is not the blushing, but the fear of it.
I've always blushed, but only since my 19th i developed a phobia for it.
That phobia turned into a social phobia. Before i had no trouble in social situations, because the blushing wasn't a big issue.
It became a huge issue after someone commented about it in a very harsh way. I started avoiding things and it got worse and worse, eventually becoming a social phobia.
If i can find something that prevents me from getting red, i know i can turn the SA around.
I've read the Oxy works very well for a lot of blushers. Only problem is the side effects. But if they are not too bad i will trade my blushing for it anyday.
Maybe the memory problems with Oxy will turn out positive. Maybe they will make me forget about blushing episodes from the past lol.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Pramipexole is great stuff and probably deserves its own thread. Best dopaminergic I've come across.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Dopamine agonists are probably effective for SA, but I'd much prefer to hit all the dopamine receptors with a combination of selegiline and another dopaminergic (low dose). Targeting individual receptors (e.g. D3 with pramipexole) sounds like it'd be give unbalanced effects and not the full benefits of something like amphetamine.

Dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine and acetylcholine all have peripheral effects too, so I would be very wary of making up random cocktails of individual receptor agonists, since agonism on all receptors (such as with releasing agents) is a lot more studied. For example, the serotonin 2B receptor subtype is known to cause severe heart valve problems.

I'm a hypocrite for saying that, but it needed to be said.

·
Registered
37 Posts
But pramipexole and ropinirole don't have agonism to 2b receptor. The only known danger for d3 receptor is gamling, compulsive sex and eating too much.

And agonism of d2 receptor can make psychosis.

I'd like to know is it possible that SSRI can make hear problems. SSRI hit 5-HT2 receptors, and meds that hit this receptors can make heart disease ( like euphoria said ). There is cancer that make too much serotonin.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not to mention nausea from D2/D3 receptor agonists. You'd need a reeeally high dose of a dopamine receptor agonist to cause psychosis by the way. D4 is also implicated, but apparently not D3. Personally, I'm not even sure if it'd be possible to take a dose high enough to cause psychosis on account of most dopamine receptor agonists' very long half-lives (which would make them last for days and make it impossible to sleep if such a dose were taken; hence, they're relatively non-addictive in nature) and tendency to induce severe nausea with such doses.
If a drug is pleasurable enough, people have no trouble taking it for days on end (c.f. meth addicts).

As for euphoria mentioning 5-HT2B, obviously he didn't mean that dopamine receptor agonists hit it. He was just making a point. Also, notably, the SSRIs have a very low risk of causing heart disease. In fact, no one has ever been reported to have developed cardiac fibrosis due to taking any SSRI or other antidepressant for that matter, with the notable exception of newborns in pregnant mothers taking such drugs. On the other hand, SSRIs have been associated with a significantly increased risk of heart disease in later life in people taking them for very long perioids of time.
Looks like we'll need to find a 2B antagonist then.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts