Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Has anyone read The Awakening by Kate Chopin?

740 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ZJA 
#1 ·
I read this book and it resonated with me more then any book ever has. Has anyone else read it?

#2 ·
Had to read it for my American Lit class last semester; the majority of it didn't leave much of a mark on me, but analyzing the novel as either feminist or anti-feminist on my final for the book did, and made me think a lot....

#6 ·
JCar said:
Yes -I remember liking it but it's been a while. All I remember about it now is that she walks into the ocean at the end. Right? Or am I thinking of something else?
Yes. That's it. My English Degree is finally worth something...I get to confirm a statement on a message board!

#8 ·
donniedarko said:
JCar said:
Yes -I remember liking it but it's been a while. All I remember about it now is that she walks into the ocean at the end. Right? Or am I thinking of something else?
Yes. That's it. My English Degree is finally worth something...I get to confirm a statement on a message board!
Well I have an English degree too, but I couldn't remember. So I guess it is twice as useless for me!

I think I read it in one of my American lit classes but I always blur Henry James, Wharton, and Chopin together -so it is hard to remember what is what at times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.