Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird body type. After decade of playing sports and lifting weights my legs and butt have become pretty beefy. But I have a narrow waist. This means finding pants that fit and look right is a chore. I have noticed that jeans are getting skinnier and skinner these days. The ones that fit my legs have a waist way too large and the ones that fit my waist are simply too tight around the legs. Ugh I feel like such a woman. It's not supposed to be this way with guys.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts

·
God, Family, Homeland
569 Posts
Each brand is cut differently and each brand usually has different "fits"(regular, loose, etc.). Just find the brand and fit that feels comfortable.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
breh...Levis 505's or 501's & True Religions rickys. always fits perfect, ALWAYS! :yes
The few jeans brands that fit me perfectly, everything else feels like ****!.

True Religions are the best fitting ones out there IMO If you ever have some extra cash left over BUY 2-3 PAIRS ASAP!!! but levis are good too if you don't feel like spending $300+ on a pair of religions.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.js...s:3691981&cp=3146842.3146854.3691981.11970879

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=TRUE-MJ666&c=True+Religion&d=d

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=TRUE-MJ626&c=True+Religion&d=d

·
with diamonds.
124 Posts
yes levi's are usually a sure fit...as my body type varies by the year..

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
I have this problem, and the thing about getting jeans with bigger wastes is when you tighten the belt it rucks up the jeans at the side making them uncomfortable and wierd looking, they really need to invent a cut for guy's like us.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I always had that problem from riding horses. When I tried to order chaps for show after 4 sizing attempts my mom finally found someone to customize them because anything that could go around my thigh and calf was hanging off my foot by 6-8". Lately I've been wearing the jeans and pants that don't fit my husband anymore. The butt area isn't quite right and requires trying a lot of different brands but it fits leg and waist well for me. I just went through 5 sets of his pants that were the same size on the tag but 1 wouldn't even go over my butt, 2 I got on but wouldn't button also due to the same problem, 1 fits ok, and 1 fits well. Also a plus to actually have pockets. Women's pants barely have a finger's length of pocket and it's hard to get in to. Men's pants some of the pockets end at my knee and I have to reach my whole arm in them to get stuff. I can carry around bottles of pills, my cell phone, my keys, etc... all in pockets comfortably. With my jeans I'm trying to fish out my keys by sliding one finger in my pocket and attempting to hook them.

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
I ****in' hate skinny jeans. All the skinny-thin girls look so cute and I look...not cute. It's my freakin' thighs. My legs suck ***.

Good thing I just bought a new pair of jeans that are totally awesome! Thanks Good Will!

It was worth the hours of anally sliding individual articles of clothing across multiple racks of ugly *** clothes. and my jeans are even designer jeans. I feel like I just conquered the world with that one epic purchase! I'm gonna kick this school year's ***!

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
UGH, PANTS-SHOPPING.

I have the same problem you have, jamesd, and I'm not a dude. I'd say, "Shop around and find some better-fitting brands," but I can't be bothered to do it myself, so.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I'd take a good pair of flare jeans over skinnies any day.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
YES! I don't even wear jeans but all non-jeans seem to be skinny as well. Today I tried on some straight-leg navy blue trousers, only to find that I couldn't get them over my hips/arse and they cut the circulation off at my ankles. And they were in my size :um I don't know how so many people can wear skinny jeans/trousers and be comfortable. I'd much rather go about my day to day activities wearing PJ bottoms.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the same problem, as do a lot of girls in my class at college,And we are all differebt sizes and different shapes, with the same dilema.

Get the size down and have it fit your waist, but be so too tight on your thighs, that you couldnt even risk climbing the stairs?

Or get the size up and have it fit your thighs near perfect, but be so loose on your waist that a belt just looks rediculous?

Sometimes i find a pair of jeans that are so tight on the waist that it makes your waist look like a giant muffin, but so loose on the thighs that they look seriously bad...

river island jeans are some of the worst for this problem, which is why i stopped buying river island jeans.

another dilema: what type looks best on your figure?
Slouch, bootcut, straight leg, skinny, super skinny, drainpipe, flared, high waisted, low cut, hipsters... Theres more but i cant remember them all...

I really wish we could just step into a changing room with a pair of jeans we liked and have it made to fit perfectly...

I dream about finding the perfect pair of jeans, and when i do, im going to buy 100000 pairs in different shades :)

·
jaynex10
1,529 Posts
I ****in' hate skinny jeans. All the skinny-thin girls look so cute and I look...not cute. It's my freakin' thighs. My legs suck ***.

Good thing I just bought a new pair of jeans that are totally awesome! Thanks Good Will!

It was worth the hours of anally sliding individual articles of clothing across multiple racks of ugly *** clothes. and my jeans are even designer jeans. I feel like I just conquered the world with that one epic purchase! I'm gonna kick this school year's ***!
I speak for all guys everywhere when I say that a girl with some meat on her thighs/waist/butt, looks a lot better than a rail thin girl with pencil thin legs.

·
MBTI: INFJ Enneagram:4w5
2,192 Posts
I have a different problem than most women.

I have no hips. And it's not just that I don't have a waistline. Even when I lose weight I have no hips. I have a rocking pair of abs, but no hips. I have about a three inch difference between waist and hips, and it doesn't matter if I'm a size 12 or a size 18, I keep that three inch difference; my hips shrink alongside my waist. And at a size 12, my hips are so bony they jut out, I have visible abs, and you can count all my ribs. I'm not kidding.

Also, I have a lot of food intolerances and some of them are impossible to control (like corn and soy) without having to resort to Whole Foods Market, so I bloat a crazy ton. Like one morning I was 9 inches smaller in my waist than when I returned home in the evening.

I also have rather slim thighs for my size. They're only 20 inches each, which is about the average thigh size for a size 10 woman, and I need a 16-18 to get around my waist most of the time. So usually I have about 5 inches of extra fabric hanging from my flat butt and skinny thighs.

Meanwhile, my husband has hips, and it's not fat. He almost has an hourglass figure O_O

1 - 20 of 62 Posts