Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SA but I am highly functional at this point in my life. I have never had a problem speaking to family members. Over the past 10 years of being a Christian I have been a member of the same sunday school class. The class is an extended family to me now and I feel free to speak at will. I would like to witness to the whole congregation about my fight, with Gods help, against SA in hopes of reaching others with SA and bringing them closer to God. Has anyone out there done so? And if so was there any response from others with SA? I am hoping to reach others and maybe start a support group. I truly beleive with the lords help I can make a difference.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
paxil said:
I have SA but I am highly functional at this point in my life. I have never had a problem speaking to family members. Over the past 10 years of being a Christian I have been a member of the same sunday school class. The class is an extended family to me now and I feel free to speak at will. I would like to witness to the whole congregation about my fight, with Gods help, against SA in hopes of reaching others with SA and bringing them closer to God. Has anyone out there done so? And if so was there any response from others with SA? I am hoping to reach others and maybe start a support group. I truly beleive with the lords help I can make a difference.
Paxil,

I actually did this earlier this year. It was funny because I wasn't nervous about this at all. I was going through my SA crisis at the time and was so anxiety-ridden, I didn't know what to do!

I got up in front of the congregation and told them that I didn't have problems talking to a groups of people; I had problems with one-on-one relationships and friendships. They werevery receptive and even prayed for me. Since then, they go out of their way to make sure everything is okay.

And yes, He watches out for us, not giving us more than we can handle! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Has anyone given witness about their SA during a service

paxil said:
I truly beleive with the lords help I can make a difference.
That's enough motivation to go for it right there. I think it's great that you're even thinking about doing this. Personal witnessing has a tremendous impact on the congregation. I've heard pastors "lay it out in the open" and people can really relate to the fact that we're all imperfect and have our struggles.

I actually did this earlier this year. It was funny because I wasn't nervous about this at all. I was going through my SA crisis at the time and was so anxiety-ridden, I didn't know what to do!
Milleniumman, that's so great to hear. I'm really happy that you were able to accept the challenge so that you could share your story with the congregation. I think that humans in all honesty can relate to the subject of anxiety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts