Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depakote is primarily a mood stabilizer and was prescribed to me for that reason (bipolar disorder), but it really helped with my social anxiety. The only problem was it made me so apathetic I didn't care about socializing or being friendly. When it was combined with lithium, that was the only time I felt "outgoing", but I had to stop taking it because it made me sick to my stomach. Unfortunately.

What were your experiences like? Did it affect your SA at all?

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea

I take lithium orate. Its like a supplement, I baught from an online pharmacy. Overall general improved mood, and I guess less anxiety. I really noticed it the first time, now I just keep taking it. Id guess I would notice a drop in mood if I stopped. Worth a go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't speak to SA, but I took Depakote ER for bipolar for years. It had a depressing effect and I gained weight. When I switched to Lamictal, the weight fell off and life was brighter. Just keep an eye on things with it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take lithium orate. Its like a supplement, I baught from an online pharmacy. Overall general improved mood, and I guess less anxiety. I really noticed it the first time, now I just keep taking it. Id guess I would notice a drop in mood if I stopped. Worth a go.
Wait, so you don't need a prescription for it? Are you in the US or another country?

Can't speak to SA, but I took Depakote ER for bipolar for years. It had a depressing effect and I gained weight. When I switched to Lamictal, the weight fell off and life was brighter. Just keep an eye on things with it.
That's exactly what Depakote did to me, especially the weight thing. I wonder if I should give mood stabilizers a shot again. (Is lamictal a mood stabilizer or something else?)

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Don't do the lithium orotate thing. You need the good stuff and have a doctor monitor blood levels.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I take depakote. It has worked wonders for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Lamictal

Yes, Lamictal is a mood stabilizer. Depakote worked for me, but with the problems noted. Lamictal has worked great for me. I'd like to switch out to Topomax, but I'm afraid to risk trying a new med that might not work. To pomade could potentially help me lose weight gained with previous meds, including Depakote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts