Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering if anyone has done this in their lives, just left it all behind and started new somewhere else? id like to do that one day, but it seems a little daunting.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Yeah, but I had somebody to stay with each time or money/credit saved up first. It's pretty expensive, and moving all your stuff is a lot more work then it seems at first.

Also, I'm right back where I started now just because a medical accident threw my budget so out of line that I went bankrupt.

Definitely something that you should plan out carefully, especially in this economy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thought about it a few times recently. But I do have some friends here and the thought of being 3000 miles away from them scares me. I don't make friends easily so that is kinda turning me off a bit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
wow cool.

I have been using this as an escape recently, wondering where else I could live for less money, like Mexico? Alaska?

I did move about 100 miles away from where I grew up, and so have been (really painfully) on my own. I am still working on building a life for myself here, and there's not really a home for me to go back to anywhere else.

In 12 step Recovery they call moving to another place to get away from problems "pulling a geographic." In this case it doesn't work, because "wherever you go, there you are!"

But I once heard someone say that there's nice people everywhere.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just recently moved to the Netherlands from the Caribbean for school. I didn't have any other choice (that I could afford, at least). It's a long story. Anyway, I too want to run as far away as possible and start completely new. I have everything planned out. The only thing standing in my way is the money! Ugh. If only I win the lottery... :D

·
Banned
396 Posts
no..but I would love to..move to a totally different country and start new...new people, new envrionment, new everything....and forget all that has happened here..
that would be great...alas, my time will come.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
wow cool.

I have been using this as an escape recently, wondering where else I could live for less money, like Mexico? Alaska?

I did move about 100 miles away from where I grew up, and so have been (really painfully) on my own. I am still working on building a life for myself here, and there's not really a home for me to go back to anywhere else.

In 12 step Recovery they call moving to another place to get away from problems "pulling a geographic." In this case it doesn't work, because "wherever you go, there you are!"

I took a realy long ego trip recently and didnt find many nice people, but then maybe I wasnt' looking in the right places. I just kept moving, and finally I'm stuck at my Dad's place untill I can find a new job to get somewhere with. Starting over sure makes it harder when you are afraid of your own (social) shadow.
Good luck in your new life.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I'd love to travel, and it would be pretty exciting, but my problems will follow me wherever I go, so what's the point? There really wouldn't be any "starting over" for me just by moving.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
wow cool.

Plus, no matter where you go, there you are.

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
i was kind of wondering about this too. I'm in some sort of dilemna wanting to move away but not having enough courage to do so. Also i would be away from most of my family and close friends and in turn be more alone and probably isolated than ever.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts