Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quite a few, although mainly online so I don't think the shyness comes into it. I have had guys tell me that they think it's cute though. Blushing seems to go down well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Surprisingly, yes.

It's flattering, but also massively depressing. There's no way these girls would like me if they really knew me, so why bother?

Has anyone ever liked you despite your being shy, or actually because of it?
I'd say its definitely a factor. If I was in the habit of speaking all the time, very few people would like me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
In school some of the more outgoing girls took an interest because I didn't talk much, and they just had to figure me out. Only a few ended up with any romantic interest, and some got bored. One girl did ask me out when I was thirteen, but I said no, and for the next five years she pretended she didn't know me. So, yeah.

·
Abendfuchs
1,357 Posts
No one has ever told me outright, but I have suspected a few when I was in school.

For example in 9th grade, someone told me this girl wanted to go to the dance with me. If it wasn't for my anxiety I might have.

Also in 10th grade, this outgoing girl and her guy friends sat next to me at lunch and started talking to me and hinting that we should go out, and her guy friends were helping her out, but it was so nerve racking and weird to me that I didn't know if they were serious or just playing with me. I couldn't say anything but answer her questions. She seemed friendly and nice, but her two guy friends there intimidated me more. Eventually she said goodbye and left the table.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Yeah, most likely.

But seeing though as I am male, females will see to it that they will deny you the pleasure of EVER knowing for sure. But I could still tell :)

Also, I've haven't heard of having a "crush" on me. It's more like they just had quite a thing for me. Either way, it's all cool.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
I'm pretty sure 2 guys did. Also, I'm dating someone right now so he probably likes me.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Has anyone ever liked you despite your being shy, or actually because of it?
Yeah, this girl liked me on and off over a period of 9-10 years, I kinda liked her too and so eventually I went out with her. But I had SA and she was socially akward and somewhat weird and it was a total disaster that lasted less than 3 months, but there you go.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Once? She doesn't talk to me any more due to having a boyfriend who despises me, so I guess that doesn't really matter. Can't think of any others though, unless there's somebody on here I don't know about.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts