Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've realized I've done this the second year now, I hate when people you wouldn't say hello to write happy birthday on your wall. Then also I don't speak to most of my list so the previous years the amount of messages went down since I finished school.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have in the past, more so, because I didn't want to see how many I would get. Perhaps you can allow it, to just do something different. I always feel awkward when someone I don't communicate with leaves a comment, but I try to make the best of it. If anything I use it as a learning experience. To answer your question though, I just reactivated a old Facebook account that I shut down because it had to many people I didn't know as friends.

·
digging upwards
879 Posts
You can hide your birth date and people won't be reminded, nor can they check.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Ha, I do this every year. I also shut off my phone for the day.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes. I did this, but then the next year I couldn't deactivate it because I needed it for a school group thingy, so I just hid my birthday so no one knew, but then my sister decided to write happy birthday to me on her wall and tag me! So embarrassing especially since it only got 2 likes (one from my cousin and the other from her friend).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes. I did this, but then the next year I couldn't deactivate it because I needed it for a school group thingy, so I just hid my birthday so no one knew, but then my sister decided to write happy birthday to me on her wall and tag me! So embarrassing especially since it only got 2 likes (one from my cousin and the other from her friend).
Two likes for me. one from my cousin and one from my aunt.

·
Banned
907 Posts
im going to do this tommorow...just to avoid the hurtful feeling of people not giving a f**k about my birthday....which is on March 29th...just in case anyone on SAS decides to give a f**k....but thats unlikely.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
im going to do this tommorow...just to avoid the hurtful feeling of people not giving a f**k about my birthday....which is on March 29th...just in case anyone on SAS decides to give a f**k....but thats unlikely.
Don't believe that. Happy early birthday :) <--- See. I gave a f**k early.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I thought about deactivating it because I found it embarrassing that I'd only get 5 birthday wishes a year when everyone else on my friends list almost always gets at least 50.

But I don't really care anymore. There's nothing wrong with not having many friends.

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
I never actually did this, it is a pretty good idea though, it is kind of embarrassing to me when you only get like 3 solid happy birth days on your wall, and sometimes they're from people you're not even familiar with, but have them added for no real reason whatsoever, they're just there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took off my bday years ago, but before then it was a good way at the time to tell who remembered me. I've never deactivated fb, but simply havent visited in a while, is it a bad thing to do friendship wise? Maybe, maybe not. But I've been more productive without it, and when I return only the true friends will still be there, good way to weed out the bad ones huh!

·
inanotherworld
921 Posts
I don't get that many Birthday posts at all tbh lol. Even when I was more active with statuses and such, I wasn't ever really noticed in that way on Facebook. If anything I would want to deactivate it and start all over bc of all the pics I don't like haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts