Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
yahh it's like you start taking an SSRI for "mild depression" and then you get more depressed because of the ssri, but they raise the dose anyway or they put you on an even stronger ssri... and then all you can think is "suicide". they just kick you while you're down sometiimes.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Jesus christ !!!!!!!Im sorry
And that cousin's dad tried to commit suicide, too, with pills as well... Ended up in the ICU at 2am. He's still alive, though.

My dad's side of the family is pretty ****ed up, though. I try to stay away from them. So I just hear these stories. I wasn't really involved in these people's lives. That's why I seem pretty cold about it.

Even my half-sister on my dad's side. She's a druggie and a prostitute who lost her kids. *sigh* She always asks my parents for money, and they suspect she'll add me to the begging when I graduate. Aint gonna happen. The funny thing is that it's not my dad who gives her the money. MY MOM does. WTF?

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Nice to know you'll use your own family member's death to make a cheap jab at the anti-SSRI crowd.
No, I definitely didn't take a jab at the anti-SSRI crowd.

You can chug a whole bottle of SSRIs and not die. That's why doctors love them. The OD attempt did not work. Therefore, I'm guessing he was on an SSRI.

Chug a bottle of TCAs and you'll be dead. Chug a bottle of MOAIs, and you'll be dead. Chug a bottle of SSRIs, and expect to be disappointed... and not feeling too well.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
"better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."
HA i bet half of us on this site cant even feel love anymore because of these meds hardwiring out brains to filter out silly emotions like that. i would give just about anything to be able to feel love again.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."
HA i bet half of us on this site cant even feel love anymore because of these meds hardwiring out brains to filter out silly emotions like that. i would give just about anything to be able to feel love again.
I know exactly what you mean, im on so many of these mind altering medications i just go through life in a daze!

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I can love, I just cant find the ability to cry anymore on Paxil.

·
Ironic
66 Posts
about 9 years ago I overdosed on a combination of vicodin, percoset, xanax, adderal, and a bottle of tequila. The doctor said I should of died 4 times. The funny thing is I never made a conscious decision to kill myself. I just started taking every narcotic pill in my house. After that episode it was off to rehab for me.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
heh.. i was lucky for 17 years of my life until i decided to try an antidepressant, and from then it has been downhill. i was a mental inpatient last week and we had like 4 different times a day where we would do group therapy and they would teach us how to deal with our emotions and i felt like i couldnt relate much to what they were saying because i hardly have emotions. the main emotion i have is feeling blank. meds have made me..so far.. permanently like this. im just on a search to figure out how to undo it.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i accidently overdosed on risperidone,, dnt ask how, spent four days in detox--- i was messed up:no-- that was so embarassing, I was on 2 mg of a xanax- they changed that to klonipin. embarrassing

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
WOW! i can imagine that must have sucked. earlier i got on askapatient.com to read about peoples experiences with risperdal and many of them, even at 1mg were saying...WHY THE **** WOULD SOMEONE WANNA TAKE THIS!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have od' on klonopin before.

I took like the whole bottle and was totally messed up for like the next 3 days. I dont recommend it. I blacked out for the entire night and could have died if i had been dumb enough to drink on it.

Just proves that benzos are pretty darn safe if you ask me. If it were a barb I bet I wouldnt be here.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
well, i have OD'd on something that people dont really see as recreational.
Cyproheptadine. it used to work sooo well for my mirapex induced anhedonia, but i would get tolerant the effects of it real quick and over the course of 8 months... i got up to taking 600mgs every other day.. with 1 pill being 4mgs, so do the math. but times when i would run out and then start back on it a few weeks later my tolerance still wouldnt go away but if i didnt slowly work my dose up, it would make me act EXTREMELY out of it to where i dont remember the next 2 days. my dad told me i actually pee'd on myself!

and QuietBoy99, i agree with you in a big way.. i mean i have had a HELLISH experience with these so-called "antidepressants" that the drug companies and doctors love to push on people. i just really think that there should be no such thing as a "business" when it comes to mental healthcare and healthcare in general. laws needs to be put in place to where there can be no transactions of money between a doctor and a drug company AND no marketing these meds to the public, they get the wrong idea about these meds from commercials... but there is just so much BS i could go on forever...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.