Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did your doctor say caused it or was it idopathic hypersomnia.
and what treatments have you found helpful treating it that doesn't make you anxious.
I was diagnosed nearly two years ago.
My doctor seems to think it's from being prescribed long term benzo use. Over 7 years. I hate benzos but I won't get into that.
I only take as prescribed and have tappered down from three a day as told to/prescribed. to just 1 tablet at night to not get withdrawels.
I was put on modafinal/ provigal but it makes my anxiety so bad and causes panic attacks. And it has stopped working to wake me up and keep me awake.
My other option is ritalin has any one with anxiety had experience on this medication.
Or have hypersomnia and what treatments helped you. Any advice would be so helpful thank you x
I'm really struggling with this.

·
bipolar
17,419 Posts
I had to look it up to see what it meant. Sounds like me when I was on the benzos too - they make you so tired. I got off them years ago by tapering down in hospital a few times and going on Lexapro. (which also made me tired - and hungry)

I'm not on either now and I rarely get tired through the day. Maybe if you manage to get off them it will stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got it too I am on anti-psychotic meds and have anhedonia. My advice would be to keep active doing things you like during the day. If you need to lie down, do so with the lights on so you don't fall asleep as long. It's a struggle for sure though. DM me if you want to talk more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it too I am on anti-psychotic meds and have anhedonia. My advice would be to keep active doing things you like during the day. If you need to lie down, do so with the lights on so you don't fall asleep as long. It's a struggle for sure though. DM me if you want to talk more.
thank you so much I'm sorry you have this to its a nightmare I used your trick today the light trick really helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts