Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much and in what ways. I'm considering going back on zoloft and it has been about 8 years so I can hardly remember how much it helped and I wasn't in a stressful job at the time and I will be once I find a regular job....... thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't understand how someone can spend $25 on a bottle of SSRI's to feel like a zombie. That doesn't solve anything besides denting your wallet, there are much better substances out there.. with a little self control you can get through the tough first day, or other similar situations.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Paxil has had an effect on me and my work. I went from being introverted and anxious to what I said, to speaking my thoughts and many people still have a hard time accepting the new "me."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm looking for something to get me through the first few months (maybe 3-6 months) give or take at a new job. I'm not a big fan of the whole zombie thing either but I don't want to start a new job and be so nervous it affects my job performance and people's perception of me being overly nervous or shy. With a little self control...... yes if I had any I wouldn't be here posting would I? I remember literally shaking at one point at a new job....... so I need more than a "little self control" , btw that is something I would expect someone that doesn't have SA to say...... with a "little self control" you can stop making worthless posts like this:

I don't understand how someone can spend $25 on a bottle of SSRI's to feel like a zombie. That doesn't solve anything besides denting your wallet, there are much better substances out there.. with a little self control you can get through the tough first day, or other similar situations.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
No, I am not an angry person. But SA is a secondary disorder for me. I also have bi polar, borderline, and ADHD. So, sometimes I get angry.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Benzos are the only thing I've found useful when it comes to the working world. If you're just looking for some temporary relief while you're starting a new job I'd say benzos make more sense than SSRIs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! For someone who preaches to me about self control you have none!

Once again...........
with a "little self control" you can stop making worthless posts like this:

So you have SA, and you're an angry person?

Usually one of them is enough.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! Thanks for your post. You are lucky Paxil works so well for you. I'm just hoping zoloft to bring my anxiety down to a level I can be more relaxed at a new job.

Paxil has had an effect on me and my work. I went from being introverted and anxious to what I said, to speaking my thoughts and many people still have a hard time accepting the new "me."

·
Registered
225 Posts
LOL! For someone who preaches to me about self control you have none!

Once again...........
with a "little self control" you can stop making worthless posts like this:
Oh LAWL. You made a funny, it's good to try new things.. go jump on your meds again until that smile on your face slowly drains away till the next fix.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh LAWL. You made a funny, it's good to try new things.. go jump on your meds again until that smile on your face slowly drains away till the next fix.
This thread title "Has An SSRI helped you at work" meant I was looking for people who used SSRIs for work anxiety and how it helped or didn't help them. I didn't want irrelevant off topic posts like "ssris will turn you into a zombie" "you should try self control" etc etc. If you say ssris didn't work for me but I used xyz for work and it helped me more... that is the kind of response I was looking for.

Now with that said do you have anything related to the thread topic you want to add? What are the better substances you mentioned in your post and have these helped you with work anxiety?

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is the kind of topic the mods like to close.

Citalopram seems to have helped a while back when I was taking it and working more. It helped take the edge off so I didn't "sweat the small stuff" as much. It's easy to get stressed out at my job, but I remember being pretty laid back for a while there. Could have just been in a different place mentally, but maybe I was onto something with the SSRI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts