Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Viva La Raza!
34,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad took my poodle to the groomers yesterday and the poodle came back with a limp. i called the groomers (petco or petsmart, forget which one it is) and they said they dont know what happend. the groomer that cut my poodles fur said that the poodle bit her. she has never bitten a person before but she has bitten other dogs. ive taken her to several different groomers and they all say shes a little rough to deal with. something tells me that when the poodle bit the groomer, she threw the poodle in haste which caused the injury. im not blaming the groomer im sure it was an accident but i wished she were honest. the groomer told me to wait until today to see if she still has the limp and she does. when i squeeze her leg she doesnt flinch or anything but when i touch her thigh she yelps so its definately not a leg injury and im sure the injury was caused by some sort of impact. im going to take her to the vet today and see what they tell me but how can i prove that the groomers did it? she did admit to seeing a limp on the poodle that was not there before so i hope she doesnt change her story.

· Registered
3,208 Posts
That's terrible. Poor dog. Maybe you won't have to worry about the groomer changing her story, if the vet is able to tell that the dog's injury is consistent with being inflicted by a human. Perhaps she hit the dog in retaliation for being snapped at or bitten, or just because she couldn't get it to do what she wanted. Either way, the dog shouldn't have come back with a limp.

· Registered
439 Posts
I had a lhasa apso once and when I picked him up from the groomer his eyes were kind of watery. By the next day he had pus just pouring out of his eyes. The vet said that both of his corneas had been cut and were infected. I figured it had to be the groomer because they shave around the eyes, otherwise what kind of freak accident could cut both corneas. Anyhow the medications that the vet gave us for the infection caused our dog to go into kidney failure and he died. I called the groomer, but they never took responsibility. I figured he turned his head or something, and she accidentally cut his eyes, but she couldn't have been too experienced to do such a thing. :O(

· Registered
1,817 Posts
I would never take a dog to be groomed at any chain stores, theyre pretty bad for the most part, find a reputable groomer by checking online reviews or from someone who's been using the services for an extended period of time.

· Yup.. it's me!
2,457 Posts
Our groomer owns her own place.. she has been going to her since she was a pup and she is 11 now... she is a shih tzu so she needs the full grooming... they are great over there... the only thing she ever got there in 11 years was a small nick on her paw pad... that's it... I would call your vet about your dog and ask them about it... also look for a independent groomer who has a good reputation... they have to be good because it is their own place...

· Viva La Raza!
34,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the vet bill was only $80 and it looks like i wont get any of it back. ive been getting the run around from the groomers. i spoke with the store manager on sat and he says all he can do is write it up to corporate. the groomer is now saying the dog was walking fine after leaving the shop even though my parents asked her why is the dog limping. she is straight out lying which makes me think she does know how the dog got hurt. i guess i'll just see how i can pass this complain up to petco corporate but i dont see anything coming out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.