Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I am talking to someone or more than 1 person (forced into a social situation), the only thing I am thinking about is for the conversation to end so I'm not really paying attention to what they are saying so I reply stuff like "yea, ok, etc..." so they can hurry up and then after the conversation is over is like I just experienced memory loss cause I do not really remember what they said, all I feel is nervous and relieved that the conversation is over, anyone here who has experienced this? like, what part of the brain is responsible for this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I do that sometimes. I'm not sure what part of the brain is responsible for it. I try to calm myself down but most of the time my anxiety over even being brought into the conversation is the only thing on my mind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do this, too. I'm not really paying attention and wishing for it to be over and just kinda nodding or say uh huh, etc. Many times at the end I've had to have the person repeat what they said, it's embarassing. I also make dumb mistakes if I am doing someting at the same time someone is conversing. Like if I have someone over for dinner and I'm trying to converse with them while cooking I have done some dumb things like missed an ingredient or burned something, etc. Oh, gosh I have had some embarassing moments! I have no clue what part of the brain does this. If you find out let us know.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Yeah, if someone is talking to me, someone I don't really know, I sometimes ain't really listening to what they are saying, all I can think about is getting the conversation over with and just run LOL

·
Registered
271 Posts
I do this too especially when someone gives me their name, its hard paying attention as i'm worrying too much about myself :afr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts