Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time I can't really remember my dreams even though it's only like 5 minutes later after waking up. It's been like this for like 5 years since I started using the computer more and playing video games. Before this, I only used the computer maybe 30 minutes a day the most and not much TV. Memories of my dream were easy to remember, and I spent a lot of time reading. Now, I read less but try to do so when I can. Using the computer is now my life, not a job, but I have no friends so I'm mostly online. Does anyone know if using computer or watching TV can affect dreaming and remembering?

·
3.14 rocks!
701 Posts
I don't know. Perhaps it's just a mechanism of age.

I remember my dreams for days, which sucks, because they are either really fulfilling or extremely vile.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
It is possible to train yourself to remember your dreams you just have to pay them more attention. As soon as you wake up remember as much as possible in as much detail as you can, if you can be bothered write them down in a dream journal. The more time and thought you put into them the more you'll remember them, try and remember them all day and then before bed read back through your journal or think back to past dreams. Always keep them fresh and over time your dreams will become more vivid and you'll start to remember more and more and noticing more detail. Once you start you remember more of them you'll be better able to interpret them especially with a dream journal and a bit of research, if so inclined. Also being more connected to your sub-conscious like this can allow you to (over-time) learn real lucid dreaming.

It is possible to use the computer and play games and still remember your dreams with this ^^^

·
Registered
769 Posts
It is possible to train yourself to remember your dreams you just have to pay them more attention. As soon as you wake up remember as much as possible in as much detail as you can, if you can be bothered write them down in a dream journal. The more time and thought you put into them the more you'll remember them, try and remember them all day and then before bed read back through your journal or think back to past dreams. Always keep them fresh and over time your dreams will become more vivid and you'll start to remember more and more and noticing more detail. Once you start you remember more of them you'll be better able to interpret them especially with a dream journal and a bit of research, if so inclined. Also being more connected to your sub-conscious like this can allow you to (over-time) learn real lucid dreaming.

It is possible to use the computer and play games and still remember your dreams with this ^^^
Yep! This is true! I read a few dream books when I was younger. They suggest the same, plus you can say to yourself before going to sleep, "I will remember my dreams." If you keep doing it, it will work.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Think of it this way

If Dreams were so important, we would remember all of them all the time. Clearly Nature doesn't let us therefore they don't contribute anything. If your so interested in your dreams
Sometimes dreams are very bizzare

Last night i dreamt i was in the line at the liquor store and started chatting this girl ahead of me. For some reason i wanted to show her how i was paying but when i pulled out my wallet, i had two bank debit cards. My own and someone named Jack Floydd.

Now that makes zero sense, i dont know anyone by that name,

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Think of it this way

If Dreams were so important, we would remember all of them all the time. Clearly Nature doesn't let us therefore they don't contribute anything. If your so interested in your dreams
Sometimes dreams are very bizzare

Last night i dreamt i was in the line at the liquor store and started chatting this girl ahead of me. For some reason i wanted to show her how i was paying but when i pulled out my wallet, i had two bank debit cards. My own and someone named Jack Floydd.

Now that makes zero sense, i dont know anyone by that name,
Think of it like this..

your subconscious is much like a person of it's own right, it's like having two people in the one body yet there is a wall between you both and you can only communicate is very very strange ways at certain times. If you ignore someone in real life there is a good chance they will ignore you, it's no different with your SC. You have to give it careful attention for it to open up to you with it being very guarded and cautious, otherwise it will just happily go on doing what it also does best.. keeping your bodies systems functioning. You don't have to pay it any mind it is completely optional, you can live a whole life time ignoring it and still be happy and feel fulfilled, but you can also give it attention and reap the rewards for doing so.. if they so take your fancy.

You described your dream and you said it made zero sense, it's all in how you interpret it. If you take it in a literal sense then no of course it won't, it will seem random and meaningless. Could you imagine if your SC actually communicated directly with you? "Hello Zeeshan this is your SB I have some very important information to share with you regarding your day and where you are in life right now!". That would be weird and kinda...in a way... intrusive. So it doesn't do that, it communicates in many more subtle ways some being.. analogies, symbols, emotion and recurring themes.

I could easily sit here and tell you want your dream could mean and what you can possibly take from it but I won't because you obviously don't care about dreams or your subconscious, which is more than fine! I consider dreams to be personal, they're a window into the deeper areas of your mind, they are some of the most personal things we have as humans and sharing them with others and in public is very very open, unwittingly for some? But some don't place as much importance on them.. I guess it's all in how you view them.

There is plenty of info out there about dreams and the subconscious mind, if interested.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Truth is i have read plenty on the subconscious/unconscious mind. I use to believe in the things you are talking about, like messages, and its keeping me alive

However now i believe that its not smart. Its just a bunch of processes running in the background, that have nothing to do with life. like for instance i know it keeps my heart beating, but that doesnt mean that it knows what it is doing. I think people in the self help industry give it far too much credit

I dont know what the purpose of dreams is, Science doesnt either. However i heard once that its nothing more then Randoms neurons firing as a result of long term memory building. when we wake up, we just end up telling ourselves a story to go along with the randomness that took place. thats all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts