Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a more active spiritual life. I would talk to God and ask for help in my life.
I hardly do that now. When I read that he has a plan for my life ect. I have trouble having faith in that, since the last fiteen years of my life seem to have gone nowhere. Except to battle day by day with SA and depression. I've stayed in that same job, while everyone else has moved on. Never married or had kids. My circle of friends has dwindled down. I see no growth, just treading water or hanging on.
How do have faith that there is a God who prospers me, in His time ect.? I guess I given up in my faith in alot of ways.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I struggle, too. :hug

The way I see it, is that God created you and knows your uniqueness and when He looks at you He sees your full potential as a human being, and sometimes certain circumstances, failures, and struggles are allowed in order to help develop the qualities that bring you to your full potential. I think it's above material or worldly prosperity. More like spiritually He is blessing you. The growth you are achieving might not be noticeable right now, but in the future maybe you will face a situation that you find your life thus far has prepared you to deal with. Also, I try to remember that God's eyes see more than we can see.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Just a thought - maybe you are having some depression? I know that having faith in anything, whether it's God or myself or the possibility of hope, is really hard for me if I'm depressed or in a lot of pain.

:squeeze

·
SAS Member
14,469 Posts
rice said:
I used to have a more active spiritual life. I would talk to God and ask for help in my life.
I hardly do that now. When I read that he has a plan for my life ect. I have trouble having faith in that, since the last fiteen years of my life seem to have gone nowhere. Except to battle day by day with SA and depression. I've stayed in that same job, while everyone else has moved on. Never married or had kids. My circle of friends has dwindled down. I see no growth, just treading water or hanging on.
How do have faith that there is a God who prospers me, in His time ect.? I guess I given up in my faith in alot of ways.
Maybe God is shaping you into the person you need to be... :)
If we didn't struggle, we wouldn't learn much :stu

Don't give up :hug
My situation is about the same as yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts