Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, it sounds kind of dumb, but...
Music is basically why I'm alive. If it were not for music I would/could not enjoy life.

So I've figured out that whenever I'm in a horrible mood, if I listen to a song with a good message, a nice melody, etc., my mood elevates. It's amazing, and I love it! It's natural medication.

Some of my favorites to listen to when I'm down are:
Everything's Magic by Angels and Airwaves
The Remedy by Jason Mraz
So Long Self by MercyMe (a christian song/band, but I always relate this song's lyrics to overcoming my SA... haha, it really does give you confidence!)
Cotton Candy Sky by 20 Minute Workout

There are more, I just can't think of them right now. But list some good happy songs! =)

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Nice topic :)

All I can think of at the moment is "All Star" by Smash Mouth . There are other songs that motivate me, but I don't know if they would count as happy.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams always makes me feel in an extra happy mood after I've listened to it. There are others...but they're not coming to mind right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
GREAT TOPIC!! I've been thinking a lot about music to motivate myself lately. You must, must, must listen to Transformer by Gnarls Barkley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drive by Incubus is one of my most favourite songs. Probably that's the reason why I like the movie Surf's Up so much. :roll

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought of some more... haha

Mr. Blue Sky by Lily Allen and Perfect Day by Hoku

Those two songs are almost a little too sugary sweet and overly happy, but they just put me in a great mood. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
let it be by the beatles :D. It reminds me to just let things be, and not to get so hung up on every little thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hang Tough by Tesla,Late 80's Heavy Metal band for anyone unfamiliar, First track from the Great Radio Controversy release, To me hanging tough isn't about trying to be a badass, just about knowing your worthwhile no matter what anyone say's.

·
wondering
65 Posts
Lately, I've really been into The Afters.. "Never Going Back to Okay" "Myspace Girl"
... the Beatles "Daytripper", Stevie Wonder "I Was Made to Love Her"
And I love the musical score for the movie "Elf"
If it were not for music I would/could not enjoy life.
I agree with you 100% !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Beatles are absolutely amazing. :D They're my all-time favorite band. Any song by them cheers me up.

...Well, except for Eleanor Rigby. Haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fast beats in music can cause your heartbeat to become similar to that of the song. It's why it may make you feel better.

·
Registered
330 Posts
These may or may not be happy, but they always managed to cheer me up.

"Space Sonic" by Ellegarden

"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay

"Lessons Learned" by Matt and Kim

"Hot n' Cold" by Katy Perry

"You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell

"I Think I Can" by The Pillows

"Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton

"Steal My Sunshine" by LEN

"Anxiety" by Black Eyed Peas

"Sakura Kiss" by Kawabe Chieco

"I'm on a Boat" by The Lonely Island also amuses me for some reason. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts