Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
I feel ok. At the moment I've just finished college and have three or so months off before I go to uni - that's going to be a hard one. However right now, I'm pretty happy; although this could be because I only have to speak with my immediate family members and I'm ok around them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
ummm NOPE...i have really looked at my situation and it doesnt matter how i look or how much money i make, if i still have SA(which i do obviously) and that which accompanies it(low to no energy or motivation, depression) i dont see how i could be close to happy....i have a certain amount of standards set for myself and being anxious and exhausted pretty much every day just belong in the equation...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone on here feel happy with your lives despite your SA?
Are YOU happy?

Funny your question came out- I was just asking that myself recently
I used to consider myself a happy person despite few problems and being dead lonely- at at the moment SA influences my life too much but still I would be cautious to call myself unhappy.There is so many people who deal with real and heartbreaking tragedy as we speak- just witnessed a car crash result a few hours ago.Losing person you love is the worse thing you can experience

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Am I happy? Yes. Am I content? No. There is so much out there in life that im missing because of SA. So much more happiness to be gained.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd say that when I am in a relationship my feelings about my life and SA are the oppisite of the above poster.

Not really happy but content and much much better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, I feel happy sometimes despite the SA in occasions when being with a close friend or someone having a good laugh.

·
Registered
260 Posts
When I was staying at home, and embracing the SA I wasn't really happy but I was content, and definetely wasn't that sad. I even had rare moments of happiness. I was able to be myself. And I think that is normal, not many people are really happy these days.

Now that I have a job, I am really miserable and not even content anymore. :(

But I think I might be able to be content with my SA, if I can find a job I do like.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
For the most part I'm content. I actually enjoy spending time alone and doing things alone. I just wish I had a few people I could relate to and hang out with every couple of weeks. Somewhere I can call without fear of seeming weird or being regeted. My SA isn't as extreme as a lot of people's here, I can function on an everyday level and often push myself to do things socially even if thinking about it makes me physically ill. Most of my discontent stems from my ****ty job I just feel like I'm not appreciated and I'm contributing NOTHING to the world.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I'm not happy at all. I don't think I've felt truly happy since last year when I had a great roommate, real friends, and sort of a social life.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yes! I like who I am, Im happy with who I am, I just dont like my SA. I could be better off if I had a job or a family. But I know that will all come in time.

I only get depressed when Im around other people for long periods of time?

I enjoy being alone. Sure sometimes I crave attention from people. But generally, I dont get lonely.. Solitude is not lonely.

I could handle socializing, once a year, for my fix of 'human attention'... and I usually do meet up with people once a year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes! I like who I am, Im happy with who I am, I just dont like my SA. I could be better off if I had a job or a family. But I know that will all come in time.

I only get depressed when Im around other people for long periods of time?

I enjoy being alone. Sure sometimes I crave attention from people. But generally, I dont get lonely.. Solitude is not lonely.

I could handle socializing, once a year, for my fix of 'human attention'... and I usually do meet up with people once a year.
I can relate to your POV, Aurora. Except recently, for me, I've become increasingly and uncomfortably isolated. I feel like I'm losing touch with the rest of the world. Yet, at the same time, I kinda like being alone. Being around and talking to people makes me tired. It's a really weird time for me right now.

I would have to say that while I'm not depressed, I'm certainly not living a happy SA life right now...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm feeling really good at this point of my life.. I feel like things are really looking up for me despite my severe shyness.. a.k.a.. SA...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I feel selfish because there are people who are in much worse situations so i should be happy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts