Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
people just assume that other people come from a happy and functional family, right? no one wants to know that a person come from an unhappy family environment. i often wonder that people probably think what's wrong with her? why is she this way and i want to tell them why or say "well, have you met my dad?".

haven't you wondered when you see happy and outgoing peers that the reason why they are that way is because they come from a happy family in which their dad actually cares and support his family? i grew up with the notion that Asian men are not affectionate and uptight but then i realised, no, it's just my dad. i see daughters who are close to their dad and can talk and joke around with him and i feel like ****. i often think that it might be only my family that is this way but i know that there are many dysfunctional families out there. i know my family is not the worse but i often wish that my dad would just go away.

i should stop venting on here and see a therapist. i need to get my resentment worked out otherwise it'll poison my soul. it has already started. i can tell that i'm becoming bitter. i really don't want to be this way.

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
there are a lot of happy and outgoing people who come from f'ed up families, and a lot of depressed/anxious people who com from functional families.

·
chronic loner
440 Posts
yea i agree with blue, i have met many outgoing people who have messed up family environments. one girl's dad would always be very violent with her and her mom, it was awful. i come from an amazing family environment, no joke. and i have sa anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts