Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Happiness is directly proportional to acceptance and inversely proportional to expectation"-Michael J Fox

Someone told me the other day about how people in poor countries dont have time to complain or be depressed. They have to work all day just to survive and enjoy all the little things in life
food
shelter
electricity
running water
computers
free time

I mean, i look at my life, and I got things alot better than the majority of the people on this planet, but i live in a rich country, so the compared to the people around me, Im way behind socially.

but If I lived in a poor country, Id feel great about my life! Too much expectation makes you depressed and stressed.

Why dont we all just accept what we have, be happy and love it and yet still pursue stuff we want with all our might, not because life is depressing without it, but cause it will add on to the joy that life already is :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is it about accepting what you do have or what you don't have? I believe that you have to accept what has happened in the past in order to move forward. Many of my past decisions have been made based on avoiding social situations or things that made me uncomfortable. It's so easy to dwell on the missed relationships, opportunities, experiences or to compare yourself negatively to others. But what is the point, we're just digging a deeper hole for ourselves. Accept what effects this condition has had on you and that may be the first step in moving in a positive direction.

As far as expectation, maybe its better to have no expectation or expect the worst case scenario to happen. If the worst case happens you will be ready for it and if anything better then that occurs it will be viewed as a positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.