Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... To appear more attractive by comparison??

Anyone do this? I admit I feel more comfortable around people who are "less attractive" because I don't worry about being judged as being ugly when I'm around them.. I don't worry about them looking at me and thinking nasty things about my appearance.

I feel awful about this, but idk they are usually really down to earth nice people as well. I do have some reallyreally goodlooking friends but I can't help but compare myself to them and sometimes feel inadequate in comparison.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
yaaa I feel the same n I m not ashamed I feel good to hang with less attractive people..thats keep me confident n my real self..when I used to be at schooling my best friends look more attractive n I always resisted to go with them ,if I managed to go with them always felt as if I was inferior to them..whenever somebody used to talk to us,i just used to hide behind the..but now it has changed...now I m not that shy girl at alll..but still feel comfortable with less attractive ones...pls dnt hate me saying that

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I only have a few friends at the moment, but they are very very attractive :-S

·
INTP
192 Posts
as a guy no... I don't hang around unattractive dudes. But for a woman I could understand, but for a guy if you hang around ugly dudes you know what they say... birds of a feather flock together... yeah.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts