Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading posts on this forum for years. I never came directly here, but as I'm sure you know- many times this forum will turn up in a Google search.

I've gained some useful information from reading posts here over the years. I definitely have a lot in common with most of you. I seem to have a nice medley of SAD, GAD, OCD, BDD, etc. I think it's probably obvious to others, as it is to me, that these different disorders are just different ways anxiety can manifest, and all must share a common precursor.

GABA-b drugs help me the most- i.e. GHB, followed by GABA-a drugs- i.e. benzos/alcohol.

I've been on Nardil for several years now, as well as clonazepam(klonopin) 2mg-.5mg(current dose).

I'd like to try tapering off the daily klonopin (did it once before) but have mixed feelings about it. I'm not doing too well now that I'm on it, because of my obvious physical dependence. I have to take more in order to benefit. I hate being a slave to it. I'm not looking forward to benzo withdrawal again, and have some baclofen on the way, but I really don't want to get hooked on it either. I'm considering a cross taper with baclofen and klonopin.

I'm 34 and feel like my life is wasted. My depression/anxiety, and self-medicating with alcohol has left me with multiple DUI's which add a huge hurdle to any potential career I may pursue (don't have one to speak of now). I feel like a loser, and a recluse...like a crazy person. Right now it seems like I'm past the point of ever making a decent life for myself, and I almost want to give up and go on SSDI. I know that I would only get worse though.

Anyways...That's enough rambling for my intro post. It's good to finally be an active member. Peace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Phenelzine. Welcome! I am around your age too, and know that there is more life ahead. It just seems like in society there are huge expectations about what one should achieve when they hit certain age milestones. It adds to the pressure you put on yourself to achieve.

I am glad you decided to join. I hope you participate more and get much from this forum as I am. Have a good day.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Phenelzine! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!

Summit- You're absolutely right about societal pressure. I think societal pressure is a large reason many of us have ended up here to begin with. I wonder how it would pan out if everyone here lived together on some kind of SA ranch out in the middle of nowhere? Somehow I think we'd still have our problems. That many neurotic people in one place would no doubt create some entertaining drama though. Actually maybe everyone would just stay in their rooms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts