Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
No, but it sounds like the thought of never getting a girlfriend really troubles you (which is understandable). If I had a nightmare like that I would be pretty shaken up as well I must say. I do have nightmares sometimes after good days or after good things happen to me. I don't really know why. It's like my subconscious likes to remind me that my life could go downhill at any moment very easily :afr. Luckily I usually get over them pretty quickly. I would say don't let it bother you too much (unless it keeps happening, in which case I would suggest seeing some sort of therapist or psychological professional). But it is interesting to discuss :|

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Yes, unfortunately.
Our subconscious mind sometimes tries to reinforce the negative thoughts we feed it during the day. The is the BIG reason why we have to stay consistent at changing the negative thoughts into positive ones.

There was nothing more to this dream than a scary thought - a trigger for SA. The more you work through this, the LESS the dreams like this happen.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I'm kind of going through something like this now, except the girl is in my math class and we have a study group together :no. But I would try to avoid her like you were doing before, it's best to try to move on. I would but there's no avoiding class or I'll fail :stu lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts