Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you like GNR?

• OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dislike GNR

• GNR is so bad I'd rather put a G to my head than listen to them.

• What's GNR? Thus, no opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
They are ok. I don't love them and I don't hate them either.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I used to like them back when I was about 13. I have Appetite for Destruction and about wore it out from playing it so much. But that seemed to be about their only good release, I don't like their later stuff and Axl kind of gets on my nerves.
Does anyone remember that music awards show back in the late 80's or early 90's? I think it was Slash and Duff but I can't remember...They went up on stage on live TV holding shot glasses full of whiskey and dropping F-bombs on live television.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Lonelyguy said:
I used to like them back when I was about 13. I have Appetite for Destruction and about wore it out from playing it so much. But that seemed to be about their only good release, I don't like their later stuff and Axl kind of gets on my nerves.
Does anyone remember that music awards show back in the 80'sor early 90's? I think it was Slash and Duff but I can't remember...They went up on stage on live TV holding shot glasses full of whiskey and dropping F-bombs on live television.
Yeah they were always drunk when they were on tv. I think they trashed the set on MTV when they were being interview. I think Axl has bipolar disorder. It has extreme mood swings. I have their Appetite for Destruction cd. It is a good album. I also have Use your illusion I & II.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
I hate the singer's voice. You can almost imagine him thinking, "listen to me....don't I sound so cool?" as he, uh, sings or whatever. And I really dislike them for their cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door alone.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I think GNR is a good band. Appetite for Destruction is one of the top 10 albums of all-time, IMO. They have several other good songs as well, particularly "November Rain". I remember when I was in 6th grade we did a thing for the yearbook where everyone named their favorite book, TV show, movie, and song. About 95% of the class said their favorite song was "November Rain" (this was just a year or two after "Use Your Illusion" came out).

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
SebFontain said:
Gun's N Roses paved the way for hard rock. I love them. One word: "Slash."
:con and bands such as Black Sabbath, Molly Hatchet, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Rush and Ted Nugent did what? They were rocking long before GnR. :b

·
Registered
80 Posts
Used to be a huge fan. Still am. Just haven't listened in a while.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jnmcda0 said:
Appetite for Destruction is one of the top 10 albums of all-time, IMO. They have several other good songs as well, particularly "November Rain".
I'd also rate AFD as in the top ten; actually I might even rate it as #1.

I've never really liked "Novermber Rain". My favorites are:

"Don't Dam n Me"
"Coma"
"Welcome to the Jungle"
"One in a Million"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts