Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
actually i'd like to change my first one to most of McFly's songs.
theyre an English band, in USA you probably haven't heard of them. i'm secretly a fan of them :eek:ops

^deadxdisco, is your username a reference to that metric song? if so, good stuff!

another one for me is come sail away by styx. i hate styx with a passion, but what a great song. i imagine myself at an 80's school dance sometimes when i listen to it :lol

slow_hands said:
any bands/songs you like that you're too ashamed tell...?
come on everyone has em.
:? Yes, well this is a bit embarrassing, but I've always liked ... erm ... Paul Robeson (as in Paul Robeson (1898-1976), singer/actor from "Showboat" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Robeson)).

OK, it's odd, I admit it. :b But it's because we didn't have a TV when I was growing up (no, I'm not 96 ...) but we did have old records in the house, one of which was Paul Robeson booming out "Old Man River", "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", etc. etc. I practically wore the record out with playing it and I still love his voice: really deep and rich.

When I was 10, our elementary school teacher asked us who our favorite singers were. Everyone else (i.e. the normal ones!) say "Duran Duran", "Abba", "Shakin' Stevens", etc (it was the early 80s :b). Then I go ..... Paul Robeson. My teacher almost bust a gut laughing! :lol

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.