Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some guilty pleasure songs or artists that you listen to or embarassingly have on your ipod that you won't admit to :b.

My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears :lol Say what you want but her songs are so upbeat and fun to dance to. You can't not just sit down :boogie. Blackout is an incredible dance C.D.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Jonas Brothers - "Burnin' Up"

*hangs head in shaaaaame*

Others that are nowhere near as shameful as a 20 year old listening to The Jonas Brothers, but still I won't admit to having: ABBA, My Chemical Romance.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I listen to Britney. I can't help it. One of my online friends is obsessed with her and I sort of fell into the trap. He wants me to go to her concert and get pictures for him, but that's like admitting that I listen to her, so I've told him no.

I have no shame in saying I listen to My Chemical Romance, ABBA, M2M(not sure they do music anymore), Dethklok(my avatar), and Gwen Stefani(a little shame there), away from No Doubt. I'm not ashamed to say I listen to No Doubt, though.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Pop music of the 70s and 80s! :)

·
slanted and disenchanted
321 Posts
Pop music of the 70s and 80s! :)
haha, yeah, i like anything heavy on the synth. i hate to admit it, but 'wishing (i had a photograph of you)' by a flock of seagulls has a really great hook...

and, dammit, bezoomny, now you have the JoBros stuck in my head! that won't be going away any time soon...

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
P!nk, Jewel. I like "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie, but only because it reminds me of someone.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
At least half the music I like is guiltily pleasurable.

The other day I listened to Boney M for about an hour.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Bryan Adams:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I am not ashamed about any of the music I listen to (well, sort of), and like to indulge especially in mind-numbing, stroke-inducing techno. I'll also listen to some mainstream pop (though I shut most of it off in a rage - especially Lady Gaga) and don't know why people are so quick to bag on hip-hop.

My biggest vice a couple of months ago was Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" - completely idiotic song, but catchy as hell. Embarrassing, because I loathe Katy Perry.
Heh, I'm listening to Lady Gaga right now. Love her. And Katy Perry.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Humbug.

Gaga would be tolerable if she wasn't touting herself as the next musical messiah all the time, and accepted her songs as fun and mindless. She makes music as generic as Britney Spears's, but seems to think she's the next David Bowie. It's presumptuous and annoying; I wish she'd realize that not wearing pants doesn't make her avant-garde. Self-proclaimed artists make me shudder ("I MAKE LOVE TO MY ARRRRT"). I think she also claims to be the Andy Warhol of pop music, which I guess is fine because Warhol was a one-trick pony as well.
She does realize her music is fun and mindless pop but also thinks that her's is better and considers it art. I'm not sure about that but I still think it a billion times better than Britney and I also consider pop as legitimate a style as anything else, though I go more for more indie pop. I like music you can dance to.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts