Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like group therapy would be great to help with anxiety. Has anyone ever been? If so I would like to hear about your experience. :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've been to a group, but it wasn't "therapy" -- just a support group. It was good, but not many people there with social anxiety...most just had depression and general anxiety so it was hard to fit in w/ the group...they were all social and over 50 lol. I went for 3 months and it got shut down for gossiping. However it did help me when I had rough days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My opinion is that you should first do a personal therapy (4 eyes), then you should think about group therapys. But that's only me :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
My opinion is that you should first do a personal therapy (4 eyes), then you should think about group therapys. But that's only me :)
That happend to me.

After 7 sessions cbt personally , ahe told me to do group exposure .

Today i got a call , for an Interview for group exposure therapy.

Hope it will go good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you can cope with being with people in group therapy, aren't you pretty much already cured of social anxiety? I HATE group therapy. I hate group anything. Ugh, it's so hard.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
If you can cope with being with people in group therapy, aren't you pretty much already cured of social anxiety? I HATE group therapy. I hate group anything. Ugh, it's so hard.
so how did you manage school days , if you been to school means you were cured ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts