Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an interview for overnight stocking at Kohls, but I did terrible
because I didnt know that it was going to be with a group of about fifteen other people.
We had to fill out some paperwork and my hand was just shaking the entire time while trying to write,
then they went through about an hour and a half of questions, of course starting with me for most of them. :fall

Of course I totally blanked out on the ones I had to answer first, resulting in my mumbling some silly answer while the two interviewers looked at me like some freak. :hide
Oh well, I'm still glad I managed the courage to leave the house and do it even though I'm very sure I wont get the job after that silly "performance" I put on.

Has anyone ever had to sit through the torture of group interviews? Did you manage to actually articulate an answer in front of everyone?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
First, you should be proud that you went to the interview. I once had an interview with 2 people. Then years later, I had two interviews in groups of two people for each :afr . So, I kinda got an idea of what you went through even tho yours sounds much more terrifying. Anyway, just know your not alone and I understand. :hug

·
Registered
24 Posts
:hug I had to do a group interview too but it wasn't that big, there was about 5 of us and the interviewers explained the job to us and then threw out questions at us. We all had the same questions, so it was hard to try to come up with something different to say on the spot but we were all pretty much in the same boat of nerves. I was so glad when it was over and now I know what to expect from a group interview.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hehe i had a group interview with kohls a few months ago...kinda

i freaked out at the last minute when we pulled up to the site because i was right on time which meant i didnt have time to sit in the car and mentally prepare myself and calm down over a cigarette.

i should have known that kohls just wouldnt end up working for me when i had my friend set up the interview over the phone for me, even though it was all automated. i kept pushing all the wrong buttons and missing instructions cuz i was so nervous that it would switch over to a real person haha :p

i actually went to a group interview for a movie theater a few years ago and got the job. i still dont know how they chose who was accepted though, because we had our interview and math questions on paper, and as i was walking out i remembered that i had skipped one of the questions halfway through the first sentence. i had gotten stuck on how to word that particular sentence so i was going to come back to it afterwards but i forgot til after i turned it in. next day i get a call...ok youre hired *shrug*

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually thinking that I might still have a shot at getting the job, they called back yesterday to ask when I could come in to pick up a form to go take a drug test. Maybe they do this for everyone from the interview group, but it doesn't seem likely because they could have just given us all the forms during the interview. :stu
I finished the drug test today so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drug Test? I've never heard of that before in an interview? Although I live in Canada, so I have no idea whats normal for hiring in the US.

Its great that you went though! Group interviews are always a pain in the butt. I've only had one so far. I actually got hired too. Deffinitly more stressful though. I prefer the one-on-one thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts