Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I grew up a very picky eater, mainly because I would classify as a supertaster. I hated a lot of things like veggies and fruits but I also hated sweets as well like candy, cakes and most desserts. Growing up I basically ate a usual American diet; Chicken cutlets (parmigiana), pizza, burgers, steak, rice, potatoes, chips and all the other unhealthy stuff. Luckily I hardly ever gained weight from this type of stuff because I usually ate small portions. (Hated sugar but loved salt!)

Now I've gotten better over the ears. I predominately can eat any type of meat like Turkey, Beef, Lamb, all Fishes and etc. and I've begun eating more stews with lots of veggies in them. Sometimes I can eat side dishes like broccoli or coli-flower if I'm up to it and have plenty of soda by me. For fruits I basically eat Bananas and Blueberries. Recently though I've quit soda so just drinking water with new things doesn't dilute their taste and sometimes I gag at the strange taste in things. Have any suggestions as to how to get me to eat new things? There are days I feel like its work to try new things and I just want to enjoy my meal but I try to force myself whenever I have the chance and am relaxed. Social outings were always difficult for me because I felt like everyone judged me for ordering the plainest thing on the menu, and if you are a college kid in NYC the pressure continues even outside the family because of friends who embrace vegetarian and organic life styles.

·
Tell me more
1,782 Posts
You know what might be helpful? Adding new ingredients to your usual recipes/meals. Like if You had mac and cheese, slowly add different types of vegetables to it and see how you like it. Or substitute certain ingredients with similar yet different/new ingredients. That's always fun...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts