Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Attempting self-change
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There probably won't be anyone else here from Guam, much less know where it is, so let me do the honors of introducing us to the SAS community! If you don't know where Guam is, it's just a small island in the western Pacific Ocean. It's pretty much surrounded by countries like the Philippines, Indonesia, and Australia, except the ocean vastly separates us. So yep, it's pretty lonely here.

Anyways, hey there! I stumbled upon this place while I was searching for some help through Google. I was so happy to find that there was such a place for people with SA to just socialize with each other or whatever. It took me a while to decide whether or not I should make some posts. Because I've always been shy, I've always been a forum lurker (well after my active foruming days). But since this is one where I can actually fit in, then considering it wasn't that hard.

I've actually wrote a longer post before this one explaining my SA, but I've summarized it to as little as possible. I'm not really sure if my SA situation is bad or not. I've never consulted a doctor or any adult about this, nor have I even told my family or friends (well I told one friend but of course he didn't care). I realized that I had SA over a year ago (around the time when my dad passed away and other shizz happened). I wasn't really considered socially active back then, but I know that I've done much better than now. I really don't like being around people, and sometimes even my own friends. They all make me feel nervous, repeatedly thinking that they're ridiculing me. Because of my discreet personality, when people talk to me I think so hard on what to say and still end up saying dull and boring words. I don't really get along with my friends anymore, and I've never had a bond with any of my family members. I'm very, very lonely...

...And so I hope that I can ease at least a bit of my loneliness by foruming here. I hope we can all get along! :D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jeffrey, welcome to :sas

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
I knew where it was just for the record ;)

Welcome! :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Giephri! :)

And, I do keep up on the hurricane season out there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts