Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having browsed the forums (albeit briefly), I'm getting the feeling that I'm probably a lonely dented and faded antique parked amidst a sea of shining youthful grills. I think that there must be a lot of people like me, although we grew up in a time where SA was not something that was diagnosed so much as it was just something with which you lived and managed all by your lonesome.

My SA has left me feeling defeated. I feel as though I've faked it through life, in large part due to my lifelong struggle with feelings of inadequacy. I was a classic underachiever, I never made it through college, but I was alway just smart enough to quickly adapt in survival situations. After many years of floating from one crappy job to another, I got lucky in my mid-thirties nailing a writing gig thatI have kept in one form or another for the better part of a decade. It allows me to work at home and with the exception of about one week per month, I joyfully avoid having to work directly with others.

So are there any other social retarded dinosaurs out there? :) I would love to hear from you and learn about your experiences.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
:wel

Another relic here. The demographics on this site do lean heavily toward the teens to mid 20s, but there are some exceptions. Although I don't mean to steer you there exclusively because I think you'll find useful stuff all over the site, there is a forum (not always that active) called "crickets" where some of the older members post topics.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey FishingWithLoki welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, FishingWithLoki! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts