Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Greetings everyone!

536 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  fences 
Hi James, I googled avoidance syndrome on the off chance yesterday, not actually expecting anything to show up & lo & behold I was directed here.
After years of covering up how I feel and who I am, I went to the doctor's a few months ago and was referred to a psychologist(s), I've been seeing two of them, which initially made me nervous as I usually avoid meeting up with more than one person at a time, whenever possible. This put me in a pretty uncomfortable spot, though also brought out why I feel like this and in my third meeting yesterday they remarked that I wasn't so tense, which made me see that it was through facing a situation which I've dreaded, not saying that I've conquered it at all, but it's a start. Even writing this feels strange as it's I've felt so ashamed of how I am.
This feels like a good place, where you can be real about who you are, phew...(big sigh there:) Hope this finds you good!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.