Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Every morning for breakfast a green smoothie i almost want to start drinking them a a dinner too.

Normally i do
Strawberries/blackberries/banana/kale

Or

Strawberries/spinach/banana

I need more options , what are things can i try? As my weight is going very well
l and i dont want to get bored by my food options.

Any input? Thanks all :)

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have one in the morning then again at night. Usually in addition to a meal, not as a replacement though.

Typical smoothie: Mixed spinach, broccoli, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, 1 teaspoon of 100% cacao powder.

Sometimes I'll add a scoop of protein powder. Sometimes I substitute different fruits. I've noticed that bananas overpower the flavor of any vegetable, and if they're frozen they make the drink cold. Sometimes I'll use cauliflower instead of broccoli, or carrots instead. The more variety, the better.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
great stuff, cmed. i think there are some smoothie powder out there loaded with pro-biotics for healthy intestines?

i take a smoothie powder called "Green Vibrance".. i think that's the name...

mix it with a scoop of protein, chia seeds and acai juice.. the acai juice is an anti-oxidant, but i actually i just use it to give the green stuff flavor.

i tried doing the green veggie/smoothie by itself? dude, it tastes like lizard spit..:blank

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow I've never tried a green smoothie. Sorry for not suggesting a variation lol...
What does spinach taste like in smoothies?

·
Banned
649 Posts
what i usually like to put in my green smoothies ( you need a juicer for this)
kale
spinach
carrots
beets
cucumber
apples
broccoli
ginger
celery
orange
these are most common veggies and fruit ill juice them then put the juice in the blender with frozen pineapple chunks. very good

·
Riding the Struggle Bus
270 Posts
I like acai berry, grape, banana, pecans, and spinach. Sometimes I throw in matcha tea powder and spirulina (kinda tastes like pond scum).

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Smoothies have a lot of sugars though. I'm going to try the spinach with soy milk and 2 boiled eggs.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
This is what I put in my smoothies...

Raw peanut butter, raw oatmeal, baby spinach, 1 scoop of protein powder, either avocado oil or walnut oil, 1 banana, some frozen fruit usually mangos cut into cubes or peach slices, a little pure Ontario maple syrup medium, sometimes a few crushed walnuts, and the rest filled up with 2% lactose free milk.

I have one to two of these every single day.

I would add acai berries into them but I have never once seen them anywhere in any grocery store ever.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great stuff, cmed. i think there are some smoothie powder out there loaded with pro-biotics for healthy intestines?

i take a smoothie powder called "Green Vibrance".. i think that's the name...

mix it with a scoop of protein, chia seeds and acai juice.. the acai juice is an anti-oxidant, but i actually i just use it to give the green stuff flavor.

i tried doing the green veggie/smoothie by itself? dude, it tastes like lizard spit..:blank
I looked into these shakes! they sound really good for you. you just kinda scared me off with the tasting like lizard spit part. haha

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow I've never tried a green smoothie. Sorry for not suggesting a variation lol...
What does spinach taste like in smoothies?
Honestly you don't taste the spinach at all!
I know it sounds weird but all you really taste is the fruit :)
you should try it :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what i usually like to put in my green smoothies ( you need a juicer for this)
kale
spinach
carrots
beets
cucumber
apples
broccoli
ginger
celery
orange
these are most common veggies and fruit ill juice them then put the juice in the blender with frozen pineapple chunks. very good
sounds yummy! I need a jucier :/

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is what I put in my smoothies...

Raw peanut butter, raw oatmeal, baby spinach, 1 scoop of protein powder, either avocado oil or walnut oil, 1 banana, some frozen fruit usually mangos cut into cubes or peach slices, a little pure Ontario maple syrup medium, sometimes a few crushed walnuts, and the rest filled up with 2% lactose free milk.

I have one to two of these every single day.

I would add acai berries into them but I have never once seen them anywhere in any grocery store ever.
raw oatmeal! that's a great idea Im going to try that!

I know I love acai berries, they never have them at my grocery either. :/

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
for those who can't find the acai berries, how about just using the juice? that's what i do..

Samabazon is the brand that Costco carries. i think it's organic..

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you off with the "lizard spit" Sam.. but that Green Vibrance, is just greens. It has everything from spirulina, spinach, broccoli, every deep leafy green veggie that you can think of in an organic powder.. by itself? Yuck!!:um

they also have it in powder form too..

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
raw oatmeal! that's a great idea Im going to try that!

I know I love acai berries, they never have them at my grocery either. :/
it helps me pack on the calories and adds some fibre to the smoothie

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for those who can't find the acai berries, how about just using the juice? that's what i do..

Samabazon is the brand that Costco carries. i think it's organic..

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you off with the "lizard spit" Sam.. but that Green Vibrance, is just greens. It has everything from spirulina, spinach, broccoli, every deep leafy green veggie that you can think of in an organic powder.. by itself? Yuck!!:um

they also have it in powder form too..

Haha i do like the "green machine"
By naked so i may like it! Haha ill give it a try.

Awesome thanks! Im going to get that next time im at costco :)

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts