Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody into them? They are the only band that when a new album comes out I get really stoked. I am definitely getting their new album "21st Century Breakdown" this may. Can't Wait!

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
I have the American Idiot Album, and a couple compilation albums.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I love Green Day. I have for such a long time. I even got my niece and nephew liking them because I play it so much. They practically know all the words to every song on the American Idiot album. According to their mother, I've ruined them. Lol. I'm proud.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
i like their first album.
the one with basket case
The album was entitled "Dookie". It was their first commercial success.

·
Socially Anxious Mets Fan
208 Posts
i liked Green Day back in the mid to late 90's, but i do not like them any more. they just seem so fake and unoriginal now to me.

·
Chilled
23 Posts
Yeah i love Green Day, Basketcase & Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) are my favourite songs...

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I really like them I have all their cd's.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I really liked American Idiot. That's the only album I have from them. Their early stuff just seems way too poppy and inoffensive for my tastes...

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
On my 11th or 12th birthday, my mom randomly bought me their "Dookie" cd. I outgrew it, but that was one of the cds that got me into rock music in a general sense (it was extremely unhip to listen to anything that wasn't rap at the school I attended). Anyway, soon after I was listening to underground punk radio shows through heavy static broadcasted from the local colleges. Good times.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
i like their first album.
the one with basket case
That's actually #3 I think. "Kerplunk!" came out before that, and "1,039" came out before that... although 1,039 may be more of a compilation of older stuff than a real album.

I've always been a pretty big GD fan, save for American Idiot (i.e., the album where Green Day decided to all start wearing ties and eyeliner from that point forward... f'ing douchebags). The songs are too serious. What happened to the good old-school fun Green Day? I don't have high hopes for the new album... I've heard too much pretentious crap about how it's going to be the most epic record ever in interviews with the band. I don't trust em anymore.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, American Idiot is cool. I even had it as my background music on my first Youtube video.:help

Just bit off topic question, guys. Do you really think that American were idiots?
There was a video and discussion coming around and its quite popularly hot. Waddya think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts