Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to school to help out and to take pictures only to be told by a counselor, sponsor of an organization I'm in, to give a testimonial/speech about the organization and why I think its worth sticking around. The activity I do is going to my homeroom class once a week and giving a 20 minute presentation about college and how to get there. Usually during the class presentation I have a partner, but in this situation I had to go solo. I do better when I have a partner but was shocked when she said I had to give a personalized speech about what I learned overall. The audience consisted of all teachers from the school, which made me even nervous for some reason. The counselor called me and I went up, really nervous. I introduced myself and was shocked at how confident my voice sounded. I started talking about the organization and about my laconical and quiet characteristics whilst in class that I saw some of them nodding along. Eventually I said how the organization prepared me for situations such as the one I was in and that it helped me grow while I helped students prepare for college. Killing two birds with one stone, was my main idea. I kept talking and even made a trite joke and got some laughs back. When I was done, I heard claps and went to sit down and two teachers reached out to shake my hand. This was a good day.

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
Way to go! This gives me hope for November, when I'm supposed to be giving a huge presentation to determine whether or not I'll pass high school. :clap

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can do it, so can you. Hope it goes well for you! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts