Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone have any suggestions for great games I could spend days playing? I need something to get REALLY hooked on. A good distraction. I've already played Skyrim, Oblivion, and most of the Fable games. I spent hours playing those.

Obviously I would recommend Skyrim for a great game for someone to get hooked on, if they haven't already played it. :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was gonna say the Mass Effect trilogy, but I think I saw in another thread that you've played them already. Those kept my attention for a very long time. I can't really think of anything else though, if I do I'll be sure to come back and post.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Dark Souls. You will never stop playing it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you have a PS3 or Vita, Persona 3 and 4 are 85+ hour RPGs that will suck you in. Raynic made a very good suggestion with the Mass Effect Trilogy, those are sci-fi adventures that each take 50+ hours to complete. There's also Okami HD on the PS3, takes around 50 hours to finish and is a beautiful game with charming characters and story. (Edit: just saw OP has a Ganondorf avatar. If you haven't played Okami yet you would definitely love it, very Zelda-like.)
I might look into Persona myself. I've heard really good things about them, but never played them. Plus, 85+ hours is really good.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Dark Souls and Fallout are awesome.
The Last of us multiplayer is pretty addictive.
There's always Red Dead Redemption

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Stalker: Call of Pripyat

They're very moddable and have a nice list of mods too. Best creepy atmosphere of any game out there, except maybe the Metro series

Final Fantasy Tactics.

A hard game with a lot of fun battles. Unlock classes and capture monsters to fight for you. And you can get this game on many platform like iphone(soon for android), PSone and PS vita.

·
Sane
1,334 Posts
Most of the games that I've been hooked to are RPGs. I'll just list some games/game franchises and how long I played each one for before getting bored, or simply not having anything else left to do.

Fallout 3 - 60+ hours
Mass Effect - 100+ hours (whole trilogy)
Persona 4 - 145 hours
Spore - 80+ hours
Kingdoms of Amalur - 50-ish hours
Dragon's Dogma - 35 hours
The Witcher - 60+ hours (both games)
World of Warcraft - 100+ hours
Pokemon - 300+ hours (been playing every title in this series since Pokemon Yellow, lol)
Dark Souls - 80 hours (about 170 hours in total for all three of the games in this series)

I'm currently addicted to Tokyo Jungle on the PS3, which I only brought a few days ago. Great, unique little game, never played anything quite like it before.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Dark Souls. You will never stop playing it.
This. I'm obsessed with everything Dark Souls.

Resogun is good if you have a PS4. I spent a lot of time with Mortal Kombat 9 and Batman: Arkham City.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I like how wizards of the coast is trying to beat up on Hex. Like they're losing any steam. People are paying hundreds of dollars for pieces of pressed cardboard, and they can basically mint money with those special release sets they have, but no more online competition allowed! :)

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Kingdoms of Amalur
Star Ocean 2 & 3
Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2

·
Sleep in Sanity
540 Posts
Tomb Raider is a good one, especially if you're going for a 100% completion.

·
Big Nerd
1,131 Posts
Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I spent a whole summer just playing new vegas completing everything and going through dlc. It's addicting.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Honestly I would recommend MMORPGs. They give you hour after hour of entertainment and you can meet some pretty awesome people through them :) Like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 etc. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts