Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day back at school, and it went swell. It didn't live up to any of my worries. In fact, I was a bit disappointed that the day was so wonderfully dull, because I had focused on and expected the worst all week.

There were a few small hurdles. I saw someone who used to bother me, but I couldn't get the guts to tell him that, so I would just avoided him at all costs. I jumped in the hallway and kept my eyes looking straight ahead. He didn't bother me, didn't notice me. A minute later, a guy I have never met started talking to me. His girlfriend was able to stop him though, saying that being so forward with strangers could frighten potential friends. I smiled meekly through the entire thing, but inside I was going nuts. It only lasted a few seconds though, and I lived.

The world didn't end and I'm alive. I'm also done with all of my reading and note-taking for the week. Wow, wow, wow, I'm proud of myself. People in school, did it go great for you too?

·
Registered
103 Posts
It went well for me. I think I built up in my mind everything bad that was going to happen on the first day of school. Maybe so everything needs to exceed my expectations. But I actually had an awesome day. I made myself talk to new people and tried to appear more confident. That's awesome that you had an awesome first day back, and I hope the rest of the year can be as great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts