Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soooo scared. I have to be at the college for 6.30pm and it is now 4.55pm. There is so much going round inside my head right now. I am so scared of going up in front of everyone and having my pic taken :(. My parents really want me to go and are making a big thing of it which is the only reason I am really going, because I feel like I don't have a choice.

It still feels really unknown I don't know what the heck to expect.

I plan to have a couple of drinks before I go to loosen me up a little bit. I hope this painlessly passes and goes into the triumph over SA section soon TT.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Don't drink!

GO! You will be sorry you didn't!

·
Registered
640 Posts
It'll be fine :)

Often we worry too much and things don't turn out as bad as we anticipated. For now, do something to get your mind off of it and trust that it'll go smoothly.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am really sorry guys but I had a full blown panic attack in the hall :( my parents turned out to be really understanding when they saw how bad it made me. My mum stayed on my behalf.

I received some amazing awards for being one of seven out of two hundred people to get fourty five distinctions or more. A lot of people showed me tremendous amounts of support I didn't think I was worthy of receiving and I am so moved to find out that so many people are fond of me as apparently a lot of people were asking after me and there were cheers and whistles when my name was mentioned :cry .

While I am gutted slightly that my anxiety got the better of me I am also so glad that I can utilize my fear to drive me to great things. I never in a billion years imagined such amazing results I got only three grades that weren't distinction and they were all merits. I want to keep my feet firmly on the ground though and overcome my fears step by step to become that doctor I am aiming to be.

My hard work isn't over yet and the only time I will really truly celebrate is when I am receiving a doctorate in clinical psychology :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Massive congratulations on managing to go and doing so amazingly well. You should be proud of yourself for tackling your anxiety and dealing with it - that can be so hard. I'm really glad your family were supportive, I hope that might reduce anxiety a little bit in the future knowing that they understand and they're there for you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Massive congratulations on managing to go and doing so amazingly well. You should be proud of yourself for tackling your anxiety and dealing with it - that can be so hard. I'm really glad your family were supportive, I hope that might reduce anxiety a little bit in the future knowing that they understand and they're there for you.
Thank you so much. It was extremely hard but I gave it my best shot. It has made me realise just how supportive my family is and how I can take them for granted sometimes. I love them dearly :).

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Well done to you! :clap

I have my university graduation in a couple of weeks, and I think alcohol will be needed for me to cope.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am really sorry guys but I had a full blown panic attack in the hall :( my parents turned out to be really understanding when they saw how bad it made me. My mum stayed on my behalf.

I received some amazing awards for being one of seven out of two hundred people to get fourty five distinctions or more. A lot of people showed me tremendous amounts of support I didn't think I was worthy of receiving and I am so moved to find out that so many people are fond of me as apparently a lot of people were asking after me and there were cheers and whistles when my name was mentioned :cry .

While I am gutted slightly that my anxiety got the better of me I am also so glad that I can utilize my fear to drive me to great things. I never in a billion years imagined such amazing results I got only three grades that weren't distinction and they were all merits. I want to keep my feet firmly on the ground though and overcome my fears step by step to become that doctor I am aiming to be.

My hard work isn't over yet and the only time I will really truly celebrate is when I am receiving a doctorate in clinical psychology :).
No need to be sorry about the panic attack with this crowd SW! Many of us have been in the same situation. That's awesome how well you did and that people were cheering for you and asking after you. Big time kudos to you :clap. Maybe when you do get your PhD you can advocate for/work with people with SA.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am soooo scared. I have to be at the college for 6.30pm and it is now 4.55pm. There is so much going round inside my head right now. I am so scared of going up in front of everyone and having my pic taken :(. My parents really want me to go and are making a big thing of it which is the only reason I am really going, because I feel like I don't have a choice.

It still feels really unknown I don't know what the heck to expect.

I plan to have a couple of drinks before I go to loosen me up a little bit. I hope this painlessly passes and goes into the triumph over SA section soon TT.
Congrats on graduating! Don't let the nerves get to you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well done to you! :clap

I have my university graduation in a couple of weeks, and I think alcohol will be needed for me to cope.
I tried to make myself do it without alcohol. Maybe one drink could have steadied my nerves a little bit.

No need to be sorry about the panic attack with this crowd SW! Many of us have been in the same situation. That's awesome how well you did and that people were cheering for you and asking after you. Big time kudos to you :clap. Maybe when you do get your PhD you can advocate for/work with people with SA.
You are right than you so much for your support and encouragement it means a lot :). That actually is my plan one day :) to become an advocate for people with SA and do my bit for them where I can :D

Congrats on graduating! Don't let the nerves get to you.
Thank you so much for your support :)

Thank you all ^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts