Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have success with buspirone in the past? The reviews I've read on this website are beginning to worry me. I got a .25 mg dosage bottle of xanax as well to take "once a day as needed". I don't want to end up having to take the xanax more regularly if the buspirone fails me. I'm seeing my doctor in about a month to tell him how it has been, so if it does fail me, I only have to deal with it for a month I guess. I really only want to take the xanax when I truly need it and, and hope this buspirone can ease me out the rest of the time. I just got the xanax today and am picking up the buspirone tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Read the treatment reviews section for the review forum on Buspar.

Lol but I must say doesn't appear like too many people have benefited from Buspar, just from reading people's posts on here. Although one member did appear to have some initial help from Buspar.

But that doesn't mean it won't benefit you. Different meds affect people in different ways.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Anyone have success with buspirone in the past? The reviews I've read on this website are beginning to worry me. I got a .25 mg dosage bottle of xanax as well to take "once a day as needed". I don't want to end up having to take the xanax more regularly if the buspirone fails me. I'm seeing my doctor in about a month to tell him how it has been, so if it does fail me, I only have to deal with it for a month I guess. I really only want to take the xanax when I truly need it and, and hope this buspirone can ease me out the rest of the time. I just got the xanax today and am picking up the buspirone tomorrow.
Well, it takes a while for buspirone to kick in. One month is about the time when it starts showing it's effects.

So if the drug doesn't seem to be doing anything, that's why. Keep taking it as prescribed and stick with it. Hopefully it'll work out.

The Xanax is just for when you need it. It shouldn't be a regular thing. Well, it can be a regular thing, but doesn't have to be. It's up to you how you take it.

And depending on how much you weigh, the Xanax may not even affect you that much. If you really thin, then yeah it'll hit you... but if you're bigger like me (220 lbs), 0.25 mg isn't hardly anything. So don't stress over Xanax dependance too much. Just be honest with your doc and take the drug as prescribed and you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts