Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i need some guidance..

well, i sent my resume to some recruiter i saw and ad for in a local newspaper (the classified section for jobs.) and i never done that before; didn’t even know what to expect, tho I expected nothing, honestly. I figured nothing to lose, yano and this was a bit ago I sent it in, perhaps… 2 months? So I had pretty much forgotten about it since there wasn’t much on my resume / I don’t have much experience.. And hey, haven't heard anything in two months....

So anyhow, I received and e-mail from the account manager saying to give her a call as soon as I can.. and I saw this morning they called on the ID but I didn’t answer b/c I didn’t know who it was ..

But in the email I saw her address to yoh.com and went and looked at it .. at first i thought it would be one of them jobs no one wanted...Lol. but the site seems to look pretty good... like it would be a good company.. I had never heard of before but I checked out the specific section YohIndustrial... so I readin' that right now..

So my question IS...... when i call back this person what the heck do i say? It won't automatcially be like a telephone interview will it?!

the postion is for some office thing, btw.

-scared

Help! Lol
:thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Call them back, and just say you are returning their call. Then let them do the talking - I doubt if it would be an interview over the phone. It's more likely that they want to arrange a date and time for you to attend an interview. If the call worries you, then it might help to write down some notes on paper to refer to before you make the call.

Good luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
:agree It's possible they will ask you a few screening questions over the phone, but they will probably want to schedule an in person meeting for the actual interview.
And it definitely has helped me in my recent job searching to write down the company, job description and any questions that I might have (although I pretty much just let them do the talking and answer their questions, lol)

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Babygirly,

I would follow the advice of everybody here. You are just calling for information about the position. It won't be an interview-type thing. They will just tell you about the job and ask if you are interested in interviewing for the position.

Good luck :),

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankies everyone for the replies~ I have yet to call... my Bf said it would be best to call before 10am... I was like.. OK.. so he's trying to motivate me to call back...(I have yet to.. heh :afr )

I'll write downa few questions ... just in case! And I would like to call in the morning, I suppose... I'll come back in to update!

Thanks again for the responses...!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts