Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now work for the Department of Homeland Security and I am a wreck. I start next week :eek: and I am scared out of my mind but somehow hopeful! Wish me luck guys!!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I now work for the Department of Homeland Security and I am a wreck. I start next week :eek: and I am scared out of my mind but somehow hopeful! Wish me luck guys!!
You'll be safe. It'll work out :).

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Congrats! There's nothing to be really scared of, although there can be a lot of work, it's manageable because you'll find out how bureaucracy works first hand :)

·
Fun...Fluid...Formidable
7,159 Posts
Hey that's great news. I started working for the Dept of Defense 8 years ago and until the last year I was anxious and depressed. Just mind your Ps and Qs for the training period and you'll be fine.

·
Banned
64 Posts
woot! I work for Dept of Transportation, a lot of people transfer from DHS and DOD into DOT BUT we ranked the lowest in employee satisfaction LOL.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the well wishes guys!! :D! It seems like a lot of you are working or have worked for the government. I know training will be so awkward and I'll be training with quite a few new recruits :afr. My strategy is to just be polite!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts